good help for colds

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by fuchsiagroan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

DS is slogging through his first cold right now - but we've found a great snot-removal gadget. DH actually found it online, and though it totally grosses me out, I have to say that it really works well, MUCH better than a bulb syringe. Just wanted to share the recommendation, since cold season is upon us. :)

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Sorry your DS has a cold. We have them again. I love the gadget. I only wish mine would stay still to do something like that. It would help them tremendously, but they cant be bothered and I only have 2 arms!! I hope he feels better soon. :hug99:

3. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I have three of them, LOL. They're great!

4. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I just showed that link to my DH and he said, "oh gross!".....i gotta say, that whole self-suction thing is pretty gross. Is it as yucky as I think it is?

Reyna

5. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

The concept is totally yucky. But I've been using it all day (oh joy :rolleyes: ) and really, no snot even gets close to your mouth. There's a little foam filter thing, but even without that, I don't think any snot would make it all the way up...

Oh, the things that occupy your mind when you become a mom! :lol:

6. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

EEEWWWW... but we are in the throws of yet ANOTHER snot fest!! UGH. I am ready to try anything. Of course the snotty one is Ashley my paci baby and she cant suck and breathe at the same time... making sleep oh so wonderful! I might have to order one!

7. Schoebdoo

Schoebdoo Well-Known Member

My question is - is the foam filter hypoallergenic? That is, will it stop any bacteria or virus from coming through the tube and into you? Don't get me wrong, I'm all about something that works. I'm in the middle of week 2 of colds for both twins and now DW and I are starting to not feel so hot. I hate the battle of the Bulb syringe. I feel like I'm going to poke DD in the eye half the time.

8. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

It does sound totally gross, but like Fuschia said, no snot gets anywhere near your mouth -- it pretty much stops in the bottom part, even without the foam filter. It works *worlds* better than a bulb syringe -- especially for my stubborn 3-year-old who refuses to learn to blow her nose, LOL.

I can't stand babies and little kids who sound all snotty -- ugh, it's one of my biggest pet peeves -- so I'm all about this product! :good:

(I searched for a long time online to find something like this, and also came across one that you connect to a vacuum cleaner -- I kid you not. I considered it for about 30 seconds, and then I realized that I might be trying to suction a sick baby at 3am, when turning on the vacuum cleaner would NOT be a good idea!)