"good eater" vs "not so great eater"

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mommaoffour_ohmy, Mar 23, 2011.

1. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

twinks are just shy of 6 months, Logan could care less about thier rice cereal... he gags no matter the consistency, Lilly will eat and eat no matter the consistency and is DEF interested in what we are putting in our mouth, not to the point of reaching for it or opening her mouth for some... but she is getting it... so .... Logan will get this eventually right?

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Practice. Practice. Practice.

He will get it. Just get him used to the spoon, maybe giving it to him when he's sitting in the chair/ bouncy seat/whatever, and let him play with it, etc. It will probably find his mouth eventually. LOL!

Have you tried giving oatmeal? None of my kids were keen on rice cereal, I know that. And there are some kids who just don't care for cereal/baby food.

But keep on trying! And hang in there! Annabella was the worst of my three to feed any type of solids to. If I got three bites in her, I considered that a success!

3. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

I agree with trying oatmeal. My guys didn't care for rice cereal at all and would sort of tolerate oatmeal. We didn't do much with cereal and moved on quickly to veggies and fruits. Once we did that, they loved eating!

4. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

One of my sons ate pretty well and the other was always happy playing with his cereal, and liked being fed, but spit out most of the food. He started eating more of it when we switched to oatmeal. When we finally tried sweet potato (at around 5.5 months) he LOVED it and ate way more than he ever had. I think he just wasn't very fond of rice cereal. We still feed them both oatmeal every morning but we add fruit to it, usually banana.

5. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with pp, rice cereal was a huge fail in our house lol! We quickly moved to veggies/fruit and then as they got older I used the "leftover" rice cereal to thicken their baby food to see if they were ready for the next stage or to just get them used to different textures:)

6. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

Im just so nervous to start 'real' solids/baby food... Im not that far removed from my last baby, but what should I try? Just baby food? Can I give them toast or a raw brocalli tree?
    Geesh, Im not a first time mom, swear. :rotflmbo: