Going Vaginally

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kaybee711, Dec 14, 2006.

1. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

I had an u/s yesterday and it showed that both babies are vertex! Woo hoo! For those of you who went vaginally was the second just as hard to push out as the first one?

2. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

I had an u/s yesterday and it showed that both babies are vertex! Woo hoo! For those of you who went vaginally was the second just as hard to push out as the first one?

3. Kateyes2022

Kateyes2022 Well-Known Member

For me Twin B was a lot easier to push out! I pushed for thirty minutes before Hannah (Twin A) was born and only pushed for ten minutes before Jackson (Twin B) was born. I am so glad I had them vaginally because my recovery was quick! HTH

4. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Nope. I pushed for over an hour with Ryan. Sofia was out in 6 minutes.

5. TLC Mama

TLC Mama Well-Known Member

Baby B was actually easier, he was smaller than baby A. I think I pushed about 3 times with baby A. I had Luke 6 minutes after Matt with the next contraction. It was so fast that Luke still had a little fluid in his lungs when he was born; not enough time in the birth canal to get all of the fluids squeezed out of his lungs.

6. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

Good question! I'm interested to see what everyone says too!

I only pushed for 10 minutes, if that with my DS and he was my first baby... and that was 11 months ago. So if I get to go vaginally this time, I think it may be quick!

7. 2blessed

2blessed Well-Known Member

Personally, my girls were 9 minutes apart and twin B actually squeezed past her sister to be born first and become twin A!
    The second one was flipped sunnyside up when her sister squeezed past. When the second ones water broke after the first push, her heartrate went down and did not come up and thankfully she came out quickly with some gentle head vacumm and one push.
    It all depends though, I have read that sometimes it can take longer because the cervix can close a bit and need to dilate abit again which can take some time.
    Also, with all the room once the one baby is born, the other one can flip into whatever position....so you never really know until the time has come!!
    Good luck

8. Bruni

Bruni Well-Known Member

I pushed for about an hour with baby A then would have pushed out baby B in 1 go if the cord had not needed to be cut (it was wrapped around her neck) and then 1 more tiny push after that and OUT she was! 6 minutes difference.

9. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

I pushed three times in one contraction with Baby A (Josie). Baby B (Bella) came out 6 minutes later - one contraction and about two pushes.

10. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

My girls were exactly the same height and weight and their head circumf. was off by 1/2 inch. I pushed for a little over 2 hrs with Natalie and then pushed for another 3 1/2 hrs for Brooke. We joke that Brooke had been our big kicker the whole time and that she kicked her sister out so she could have all that room to herself, she just didn't want to come out, my dr. finally used the vacuum on Brooke because I just had no more energy left.