going to see the cardiologist

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ihartjelli, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ihartjelli

ihartjelli Member

My DH and I went to my 23 weeks appointment with the peri on Tuesday and had a great appointment. We are having mono/di boys. Baby A weighed in at 1lb, 5oz. Baby B was 1lb, 7oz. We were completely stoked to hear that their weights are close and are doing really well. However, I am being sent in to see the cardiologist because the sonographer couldn't see all of the heart anatomy on either baby. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? Anything to help with my worry and nerves would be kindly appreciated!!!

2. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

No knowledge but many many prayers!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

:hug: they are probably just being cautious. You are in my thoughts and prayers

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations on two Boys!! :yahoo: I have no experience, but I agree with Heather that they are probably just being cautious. I hope its nothing. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :hug:

5. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Though I was never sent to a cardiologist, there was one appt in particular where they could not get all the information they need for their hearts because they were squirming too much. Hopefully you just have a very thorough doc.

Good luck and sending best wishes your way!

6. rosecurry

rosecurry Active Member

I had the exact same thing happen at my last peri appt 2 weeks ago. At first I was paranoid and thought there must be something suspicious on the u/s and they just won't tell me. I went to the cardiologist yesterday, and it really was just for better views of the hearts. Of course everything looked fine, and I had nothing to worry about (like they told me at the pri appt). Try not to worry, I guess they would tell us if they really thought there was an issue.

7. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

I know at some of my u/s apts the tech struggles sometimes to get a good view. They are just so squished in there that it can be hard. The good news is that they didnt see anything wrong, they just couldn't get the whole picture. Im sure you will feel better once it is done though. Good luck.

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congrats on your boys!!! I don't have any knowledge on your question, but like PP said, I'm sure they just need to have a better look. :good: :hug: I'm sending many positive vibes your way, please keep us updated. :hug:

9. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

I hope this makes you feel a little better -
    I was born with mitrovalve prolapse, basically a mumur - they didn't find it until I was 12. When I was pregnant with my now 5 year old DD they knew about it but didn't check when she was inside - when she was born - happy and healthy - on day 2 they detected the same thing for her. So with this pregnancy, both my babies (god willing) will each have an echocardiogram just to be sure of what is going on. All precautionary and you should feel Ok with going...

Big :hug: 's I'm sure they will be just fine....