Going to Disneyworld with 2 year olds...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Chris S., Feb 26, 2007.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Well-Known Member

and I need a little help. We are headed to Florida on Wednesday. We are staying with my FIL who lives 2 hours away from Disney. I have been on some suggested boards trying to figure things out but haven't gotten very far. If you've been there recently I could use your help.

We will be in FL for 8 days Wedensday to Wednesday...DH and I were trying to decide what day would be slowest and I was thinking Friday since most will be coming and going on the weekends and maybe not spending time at the park. Weather forecast calls for scattered showers which I wouldn't mind to much if they are in fact "scattered" Do you know what day of the week is the slowest? I am also wondering about having a 1 day trip there. We will be driving back and forth on the same day. I am pretty sure I've settledon going to Magic Kingdom. Any advice on what we MUST do would be appreciated. I started making a list from the message boards and then realized most of the people on there were spending a week. So if you had one day at Disney with 2 year old twin boys what would you do?

Thanks for your replies. I've been really calm about this whole vacation until today. I am excited for the boys but nervous about the whole plain thing and not sleeping in there surroundings etc, etc. My FIL is going to take them to a Pirates training camp game and to the beach but other than that we're pretty up in the air.

2. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I don't know how Disneyworld compares to Disneyland, but here at Disneyland, the LEAST crowded days are on Tues-Thurs. Mon and Fri are usually a little more crowded.

3. Tracy B

Tracy B Well-Known Member

I haven't been to DisneyWorld in a while, but they had a cute area that has Mickey Mouse's house in it. The daily parade is nice and the Electric Parade at night was my favorite as a child if they still have it. Also, if you are near Tampa, the Lowry Park Zoo (?) is really nice. Sea World is my favorite of all the parks. Have fun!

4. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

We just got back from Disney Magic Kingdom with my trio. The boys went on Its a small world, Pooh, Peter Pan and the pirates of the carribean and loved them! We went into the 3d Mickey Magic show and it was a little too much for them. They could not care less about the mid day parade but loved the lighted parade at night. their fav thing was the train that goes all around the park. we could have ridden that all day. And the train that takes you from the parking lot to the park LOL. THey loved walking through mickey and minnie's houses. Oh and there are two play areas for the kiddos their age to get out play.

Our visit was more for my 7 year old who was in HEAVEN meeting her disney princesses and riding the BIG ROLLERCOASTERS. I probably would not have gone with just my boys. We did not bring dd until she was 3 and she does not remember it at all [​IMG] We prolly wont go again with the crew until the boys are 4-5.

Have fun!!

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would probably go to Disneyworld on Thursday or Friday.
    My girls loved magic kingdom and animal kingdom when were went. My girls were 18 months old at the time. We were there for 5 days.

Is there any way you could stay overnight in the Orlando area and go to disney for two day?

6. micheleinohio

micheleinohio Well-Known Member

I had one day at Disney with my 2 year olds this past summer. We stayed in the magic kingdom and hit almost every ride they were tall enough for. They were also very excited to see Mickey in the Mickey house and watch the parade.

You will have a blast!!!

7. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I would say a tues or a wed if you are doing Magic Kingdom. I would definatly stay away form Mon or sat.

For 2 year olds I would suggest Magic Kingdoma nd if you decide to do another day do MGM. For Magic Kingdom pretty much all of FantasyLand is the way to go. Also check out Buzz Lightyear ride at Tomorrowland. The only rides my girls did not like at that age was the Haunted Mansion. Other than that they loved everything else.

I would say if you have time do a character meal but if not do not worry about it.

We took the girls 1 month shy of turning 2 and they had a blast with everything. There is a place called Pooh Corner that the kids can run around in so that is a place where they can run around.