going to be admitted to hospital Monday

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jenagee, Feb 17, 2007.

1. jenagee

jenagee Active Member

My Dr. is going to give me steroid shots and a medication to calm my uterus. He is going to admit me to the hospital on Monday to stay a day and night for monitoring? Has anyone else had steroid shots and been monitored for it? He isn't really happy about giving me the shots but the peri insists that he does it since I've had a lot of contractions and a lot of excess amniotic fluid.
    Jen

2. jenagee

jenagee Active Member

My Dr. is going to give me steroid shots and a medication to calm my uterus. He is going to admit me to the hospital on Monday to stay a day and night for monitoring? Has anyone else had steroid shots and been monitored for it? He isn't really happy about giving me the shots but the peri insists that he does it since I've had a lot of contractions and a lot of excess amniotic fluid.
    Jen

3. MMH

MMH New Member

Yes, I had steroid shots at 26 weeks. My doctors told me that it adds two weeks to their development. I am expecting twins any day now. I did not feel anything.

It was given to me in the hospital in my buttocks. It was no big deal. They gave it to me because they were worried about premature labor.

However, I am now probably going to be induced at 37 weeks. So just be as much as a positive thinker as you can.

I had to go on bed rest for ten weeks.

4. hammondsquared

hammondsquared Well-Known Member

i was admitted to the hospital for a shortened cervix and was monitored for two days and nights after getting two steroid shots 24 hours apart. i think the shots are a really good thing. i got mine at 30 and 1/2 weeks. hang in there; you're doing great! [​IMG]

5. happymel

happymel Well-Known Member

I got mine at 26 weeks and stayed in the hospital for 3 days for PTL. No side effects from the steroids but the meds to stop contractions, terbutaline, has side effects. It made my heart race and I had palpatations. I sure don't want anymore of that stuff.Staying off your feet will help alot.
    Melanie- 32 weeks 3 days with b/g twins

6. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i received the steriod shots at 27 weeks (i think it's all a blur) and the only side effect i had was my face cleared up! It only lasted for like 2 days.

7. raptwins

raptwins Well-Known Member

I received the steroid shots at 24 wks as I was already in the hospital in PTL. Our boys were born at 25 wks and Jake was only vented for 1 day so I know it helps [​IMG] I got 2 shots, 24 hrs apart also in the bootie - one on each side - no biggie [​IMG] I had one round already this pregnancy too (just a singleton) at 25 wks and my peri said he'd give another round at about 30-31 wks as well.