God Answers Prayers in Weird Ways

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by DblStuffOreo, Mar 6, 2012.

1. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

Hey ladies,

So, I am shocked and now excited to announce that I think DH and I are expecting once more. Finding out I am pregnant is an answer to a prayer, but it is a mighty weird answer that now has me praying even harder.

Here's the nutshell. After having irregular periods since November 2011, but having had multiple home pregnancy tests come back negative, I was terrified that I had a hormonal imbalance, some sort of uterine cyst, ovarian cancer, a whole parade of horribles. My new OBGYN (OBGYN who delivered the twins retired) kept blowing me off saying I wasn't developing a lining and that my symptoms didn't indicate a medical emergency. I even started questining my mental sanity after googling "false pregnancy in humans." (That basically says women who believe themselves to be pregnant, but who are not, are head cases). I finally got a doctor to diagnose a umbilical hernia and was set for surgery this Thursday... until I got my blood work back today. The blood work shows I am pregnant. I had more blood drawn today to confirm the first blood screening (since I have had so many negative home tests I am skeptical), so we shall see, but for now it looks like I finally have an answer to my medical mystery.

It is an answered prayer that I am not dying or crazy, but now it has me terrified for what I have done to this poor child. After multiple negative tests and to lose the weight I was gaining, I twice put myself on a crazy liquids-only fast with detox supplements that I got at the health store. I began seeing a chiropractor who bent me all sorts of ways and ran an EKG on me since we both had ruled out pregnancy. I have even drank more than normal because I had no clue what was "wrong" with me and I was depressed about how I looked and felt. Overall I am a very healthy person and I haven't taken any illegal or prescription drugs (although I think I did take an OTC aspirin once or twice), but I am still terrified about what I have done.

So, for those of you who are praying folk, wing one up for this new little life I have with me. Pray I haven't harmed it. And perhaps pray for DH, too. If I was nuts about my health with the girls (and subsequently drove him nuts about our eating and activity restrictions), I think I might actually be worse this time around. I'm of the mind set that I've got to make up for the damage I have done this far. Organic, well-done foods for all!

2. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow that's crazy!!! Congratulations!
    How far along do you think that you are? When is the last negative home test you had?

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Wow! Congrats! I hope things settle down!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This baby is a fighter. S/he will be ok and is an absolute miracle. :wub:

5. DblStuffOreo

I had negative tests in November 2011, late December/early January (can't recall which), and two in February (7th and 12th). My last "normal" cycle was October 2011. It is possible I am MONTHS along. According to my blood work, my serum levels are in the 3,000's. :woah: Oh my.

Thanks for such awesome words of support. I appreciate it. :give_rose:

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Crazy and so exciting! Try not to worry, chances are in your favor that your baby will be absolutely fine!! :hug: Update us when you know more!!

7. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Congratulations, what great news!!! Hope you are feeling well; prayers for you and your little one!

8. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

HCG levels

Here is a link on blood HCG levels : at 3,000 or so you would be 5-6 weeks or 25 + weeks according this the chart.

Congrats!!!

9. cheezewhiz24

What a way to while away 1/2 a pregnancy. I'm assuming you aren't 5-6 weeks but closer to 6 months!

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy. Congratulations!

11. DblStuffOreo

Thanks for sending the link. I admit, I read it a few times and have no clue where to place myself since hormones rise and then drop.

12. DblStuffOreo

I am making the same assumption. It's totally wild that this got this far out of hand. I also feel kind of robbed. This will be my last pregnancy. We had previously agreed three would be it for us - two girls with one last shot for a litle man. With the girls, I tried to keep going as long as I could, while simultaneously worring about everything I did. I promised myself that the next time around, when I had a normal pregnancy, I would relax and relish it. So much for normal. I'm not bitter, but I am going to kick the expectant mom-to-be pampering into overdrive. Can someone fetch me something??? he he he

13. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

When is your ultrasound? Congratulations!

14. cheezewhiz24

I get that you wanted a really normal pregnancy (I wanted one, too, after having twins- it's FABULOUS!) and you feel robbed. On the plus side, you have had such a normal pregnancy that you didn't know you were pregnant for 1/2 the pregnancy! :blbl:

When do you find out how big & gender?! It's freaking amazing that you'll get both results at the same time. :)

15. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

Many prayers for you and your baby. I was on the pill and never dreamed I would get pregnant while taking it so I drank wine on Easter, took Lexapro and Ambien every day, etc. and Emma is fine. Good luck and keep us posted!

16. DblStuffOreo

UPDATE: So, I really did miss 1/2 a pregnancy. Today, met with my new OB. She started with the wand and quickly said it wouldn't work. She switched to the regular hand-held and we got the first glimpse of our litle man... who is due 7/22.

She also was so reassuring and answered all of my questions about the "terrible things" I have done believing I wasn't pregnant. I got a ton of blood work done and we're going to look at genetic markers to rule out problems in the days to come, but she said (with a confidence that was reassuring) that chances are things will be just fine and if not, we'll address that when we get there. Much better than the old OB.

So, husband is over the moon that we have our little man and I am having an in-love day with my expanding family. :wub:

3 people like this.
  17. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

What an absolutely amazing story!! Congrats!!

18. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Wow! Congratulations!!!!

19. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Congrats on your baby boy - due so soon! That is amazing!! :wub:

20. cheezewhiz24

I knew he's a fighter! :aggressive: how about George or Sugar Ray for a name? ;)

21. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

damn - congratulations!!! That's incredible!

22. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!! What a miracle!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

23. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Simply amazing. Congratulations!!!!

24. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Awww how awesome, you'll have a boy also :). I am sure everything will be fine, and I can understand the feeling of being "robbed". I hope the rest of your pregnancy is easy. Congratulations!

25. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations on your little wonder boy!! And I will continue to keep both of you in my prayers!

26. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Wow that's awesome!! Congratulations, so fun!!!