Go in today or wait til peri on Thursday?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Melina, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Melina

Melina Well-Known Member

I don't post very much, mostly just reply to others, but yesterday I felt something that had me a bit concerned. I am 22 weeks, 23 weeks on Thursday, pregnant with boy/girl twins. Yesterday, around the afternoon, I started feeling pains like I might have to use the bathroom, but I was literally using it every 20 minutes and NOTHING was coming out. Just dribbles. I've had UTIs before but I am not running a fever or anything. It progressed to very noticable feelings of heaviness or pressure near my vagina/cervix, and sort of stinged a bit if I moved or exerted myself at all. It still had the need to pee feeling as well. I had a yeast infection on my cervix earlier around 14 weeks and it returned about a week and a half later, but it has appeared to be gone, but the stinging feeling was very similar. This morning, I don't feel the pressure much at all, nothing more than the ordinary, since Baby B is really close to my bladder. I am pretty sure he was just in a position to cause the discomfort, but with it being twins, I am extra worried. Should I go see a doc today or just wait til my peri appt which is at 8 am on Thursday? They give me an ultrasound to check the babies' growth and a cervical one to check my cervix and sometimes their placentas I think, which are near my cervix, but not previa or anything, I think he said he sees the placentas better that way. So far, my fluid levels have been perfect, babies' size good, and my cervix has been 4.7 each time we checked. I have had no contractions or odd discharge, no blood or pain or anything.

What would you do?

2. Melina

Melina Well-Known Member

I don't post very much, mostly just reply to others, but yesterday I felt something that had me a bit concerned. I am 22 weeks, 23 weeks on Thursday, pregnant with boy/girl twins. Yesterday, around the afternoon, I started feeling pains like I might have to use the bathroom, but I was literally using it every 20 minutes and NOTHING was coming out. Just dribbles. I've had UTIs before but I am not running a fever or anything. It progressed to very noticable feelings of heaviness or pressure near my vagina/cervix, and sort of stinged a bit if I moved or exerted myself at all. It still had the need to pee feeling as well. I had a yeast infection on my cervix earlier around 14 weeks and it returned about a week and a half later, but it has appeared to be gone, but the stinging feeling was very similar. This morning, I don't feel the pressure much at all, nothing more than the ordinary, since Baby B is really close to my bladder. I am pretty sure he was just in a position to cause the discomfort, but with it being twins, I am extra worried. Should I go see a doc today or just wait til my peri appt which is at 8 am on Thursday? They give me an ultrasound to check the babies' growth and a cervical one to check my cervix and sometimes their placentas I think, which are near my cervix, but not previa or anything, I think he said he sees the placentas better that way. So far, my fluid levels have been perfect, babies' size good, and my cervix has been 4.7 each time we checked. I have had no contractions or odd discharge, no blood or pain or anything.

What would you do?

3. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

I would at least call the Dr and see what they recommend you do. It is always better to be safe then sorry.

4. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

I would give a call to the docs' office and see what they say...better to be safe than sorry!!!!

HUGS - Keep us posted.

5. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

Call the Dr. Uti's can lead to ptl very quickly (did with my first) Better to be safe than sorry [​IMG]

6. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

I would also call your doc as well. I think that any infection should be promptly treated. A UTI, if that is what you have, even though seemingly minor can still spread infection to your baby. UTIs can cause serious complications if untreated.
    So definitly get it checked out sooner than later!

7. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone - call your doctor. It can't hurt. I haven't had a UTI during pregnancy - but I do know about the concerns of having one. That is what it sounds like to me, simply b/c you tried and tried to go to the bathroom and nothing would happen.

Better safe than sorry!

Hope it gets better!

8. Mari Thomas

Mari Thomas Member

Ya'll are good patients. i would go to the hospital and call my doctor from there. That could be either a low kicking baby or a pre term labor but either way it is not your job to guess. Make those doctors wake up in the middle of the night if you have to if only for your own peace of mind. If you think that there is even the remotest possibility of a preterm labor it is soooo much better to be at the hospital and wrong then at home and right.

Mari
    Newbie to the board

9. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

definately call, better to be safe [​IMG]

10. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

So did you call?