Glee! Season 2

Discussion in 'General' started by JDMummy, Sep 14, 2010.

1. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Starting a new thread for Glee because as I predicted last year with my title Glee Season 1, we have a second season, people! :yahoo: :woo:

GO check out the preview on the The Official Glee Website

I cannot wait for this year... and I loved the season finale. Love Queen and don't anyone can sing as well as Freddy.... sooooo, I think that the Glee club definitely deserved it more. :)

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: :Clap: Very excited about Glee!! I got addicted this summer. :popcorn: Didn't think I'd love it as much as I do!

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I am excited for the new season!! My husband.. not so much. :laughing:

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Can't wait and they are going to do my favorite song right now - Empire State of Mind!!! :woo:

5. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

I caught the season debut tonight and felt it wasn't too bad. The two new singers they had were both pretty talented and they certainly tried to include some more modern songs. Nothing great in terms of plot lines or drop-dead theatrical numbers but a solid show. The female football coach character was a little bit of a stretch, however. Wonder if she can sing?

6. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

:popcorn: Embarrassingly enough, I did too. How the hell did that happen? :pardon: I have been an outspoken anti-Glee advocate and now here I am. Have my DVR set so I don't miss it. WTF? :blush:

1 person likes this.
  7. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

Oh yes! Finally! Brittany is back on my screen :D

"People thought I went on vacation but I really spent the summer lost in the sewers"

"I made it up. Coach Beiste didn't touch my boobs. Actually, I really wanted to touch her boobs"

and while watching the fight between Quinn and Santana, said in that wonderful deadpan emotionless tone she pulls off so well
    "Stop the violence"

oh and the rest of her supporting cast were pretty good too ;)

and a great exchange between Puck and the new guy:

"Puck: Dude your mouth is huge. How many tennis balls can you fit in there?
    Sam: I don't know, I've never had any balls in my mouth … have you?"

Welcome back Brittany (and the rest I suppose) I've missed you.

8. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Loved that part.

I am stoked about Spears week!!

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Loved Sue too! Especially when she was confused. "That doesn't make sense." :rofl:

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

She is my favorite. Did anyone catch the PSA in the middle of the show with Sue? It always cracks me up when she pushes kids out of her way.

11. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

:laughing: Yes! Loved when they got pushed on the stairs!

12. JDMummy

You know, I am excited about the Britney night too. :blush: I almost feel ashamed by it, but there it is. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  13. Leighann

Me too Sarah! No shame!

14. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

No shame Sarah!!

Jordan, I totally think of you when she has a good zinger (that's so deadpan)!! :lol:

I hate when the show ends each time! I am so stoked about Britney week.

I was cracking up when Quinn put on her uniform and walked down the hall like she owned the world again! Wonder if her personality will go back? And Santana on the bottom of all those pyramids? :rofl: It was a little funny!

15. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

That episode made me so very happy, a whole episode devoted to Brittany! She finally got to sing and I was impressed, her dancing is fantastic and some of the best lines yet from her :D All in all I should probably stop watching Glee because I can't imagine them beating this episode for Brittanyisms.

16. twinstuff-old

I haven't seen too many episodes of Glee, but thought this episode was the funniest one I had ever seen. Lots of really humorous stuff starting off with the whole give-and-take between the Glee Club wanting to perform Britney Spears music while Will was pushing Christopher Cross. ("Does anyone know who Christopher Cross was?" "He was the man who discovered America!")

Most of the best lines (and singing and dancing) were done by that cheerleader character who hated (and then loved) Britney since her life was ruined because her name happened to be Britney Spears too (or as she put it, Brittany S. Pearce, "I've lived my entire life in her shadow. It's been a hard road.")

As for the music, I'm not a Britney fan (evidenced by the fact that I'm probably misspelling her name) so I didn't recognize or really like the performances much. I did want to hear someone sing Cristopher Cross's 'Sailing', but we only got a couple of lines of that... (another good line - "Seriously, how can you get caught between the moon and New York City? They're like 100 miles away from each other.")

I thought John Stamos was pretty funny too in his guest role as the dentist and some of the better lines and scenes were between him and Will and the Glee clubbers as they all filed into the dentist's office and had their Britney Spears fantasies.

BTW, I've read that next week Glee gets (semi) serious again when Finn sees an image of Jesus in his grilled cheese sandwich (the episode is called Grilled Cheesus) and has songs like R.E.M.'s Losing My Religion and Joan Osborne's One of Us.

17. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Craig, you nailed the Brittney bit. I am not a Spears fan, but I liked seeing her cameo and the Brittany from the show doing all the singing and dancing was awesome!

Jordan, As I watched I KNEW you would love it! "Finn can fly" and the hundreds of others! It was classic!!

I hear there is some Billy Joel coming up!! Can't wait and I hope it's not offensive that I find the "Cheesus" HYSTERICAL!!! :rofl: Can't wait to see it!

18. JDMummy

OMG, I loved this episode! Brittney finally got her due, didn't she? I loved her dancing too, what great moves.... probably better than the real Britney! :lol:

Can't wait for next week... I :wub: this SHOW!

19. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Just watched the episode last night and I loved it! I haven't watched many of them, but I had this one dvr'd and I have to admit the cheerleading coach is my favorite...she's so darn hateful!

20. Chrissy Nelson

I love the story line with Sue and her sister. I loved last weeks episode a ton, however I cannot stand to hear Rachel sing. I am not sure what it is but I find her so screechy. And Finn singing Losing My Religion (which is one of my favorite songs) was bad too.

21. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

The only two songs I liked this week were Puck doing Billy Joel and Kurt singing I Want Hold Your Hand.
    I enjoyed the story line this week and the flash back of Kurt and his Dad during his song nearly had me in tears.
    Once again Brittany delivering the best lines "I made him a card saying Heart Attacks are from loving too much" :rotflmbo:

Duets next week should be good and then after that The Rocky Horror Show episode has me very excited.

22. TwinLove

I'm not a fan of Rachel's facial expressions while she sings. :unsure:

23. JDMummy

I am actually becoming a "non-Rachel" fan period. [​IMG] I know she is supposed to be a diva but the control freak, all bout me thing gets old every week and isn't as funny anymore. And I hated the Yentil scene... :bad: Babs. :bad:

Dad and Kurt scenes DID bring me to tears. So bitter sweet. :wub: :cry:

24. Chrissy Nelson

I loved the flashback scenes too. That boy looked just like him!!

25. Leighann

I couldn't even watch it- love my tivo fast forward.

26. JDMummy

Glee tonight! DVR is recording as we speak! :woo:

27. TwinLove

I fastfowarded past the Yentil Scene too. :escape:

28. TwinLove

I missed Sue in the last episode. :cry:

29. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

I didn't miss her, which surprised me. It took someone pointing it out to me before I realised she wasn't in it.

I wonder how long Puck is going to be in Juvi for?

Great selection of songs, though I think Mercedes and Santana should have won and I really wanted to see Brittany and Artie sing together.

30. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I noticed she was gone, but so was Puck. (wonder what REALLY happened that he's out for a show - possibly more?) I guess they had Puck absent to set up the Sam/Quinn thing.

31. twinstuff-old

Missed last week's episode but caught (most of) tonight's show. Kind of a lukewarm show tonight with the only musical number worth watching was the duet of the two glee clubs (hearing and non-hearing) teaming up on Imagine. That was well done and a great concept and performance. The rest of the show was fairly forgettable fo rme.

32. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

That's a last season episode, the new season is on a break this week, but is back next week with a Rocky Horror special for Halloween.

33. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I miss it this week!!!

34. TwinLove

me too. :cry:

35. JDMummy

I love seeing last season too, but I really missed a new Glee. :( Please come back! :cry: