gift ideas for third birthday

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by someone, Jul 5, 2011.

1. someone

someone Well-Known Member

What are some good gifts for the third birthday? what are your three year olds favorites? this is for girls so girly stuff is fine..

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I have b/g twins, so I went with a nice large wooden kitchen with wooden/metal foods & pots/pans. I got a great deal from a used set off of craigslist and it's nice and wide for 2 -- the main part is about 5 feet wide and the fridge another 18" so there's plenty of room for multiple children.

other things we got is a small kids suitcase each with dress up clothes.

3. someone

dressup clothes is a cute idea. they actually already have a nice play kitchen so looking for other ideas..

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Dress up clothes, puppet theater, little people toys, blocks, cars, art supplies/craft table or easel.

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Kid K'Nex. We got a big set with a box that has sides that zip down to make a play mat/track. The girls (whole family now) call them Santa blocks because they got them for Christmas 2 1/2 years ago (right after they turned 3). They get played with more than any other toy in the entire house. They got some new ones that built Elmo and Abby Cadabby the next Christmas, those went right in the box and are part of the mix now. I bet they're played with at least 3 days/week by the girlies, still. And now every day by Spencer.

6. someone

I actually never heard of kid knex but i will look into it. is it similar to magna tiles? that was another gift option..

7. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

K'nex are toys that connect to a variety of building systems, like Legos and others. But they're also a building system by themselves. Kid K'nex are just a larger version, so they work with Duplo blocks, for instance.

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Dress up, puzzles, books, art stuff if they're into it, play doh, dollhouse (DD isn't much into it yet though but some are by this age), My Little Pony (although the new ones are weird looking and have a lot of small pieces to lose), dolls and doll accessories.

9. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Some of the big hits for our girls' third birthday were some play hairbrushes, blow dryers, pretend make up, etc. Somebody got it for them so I have no idea where it came from. It has tinkerbell on it. They also got a Barbie Jeep from MIL and FIL and love that if you're looking for a big present. They got a bunch of color wonder stuff and love it (especially the paint). They got a lot of clothes and money too. They didn't get a ton of toys because we had just had Christmas.