Gift ideas for a 9 year old girl...

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MNTwinSquared, Jul 22, 2014.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

...who has everything.  Well, everything and nothing.  No electronics.. she has her own kindle (but grandma thinks that giving her an ipad mini or something similar would be a great idea).  She likes arts and crafts, but goes in spurts.  Loves music.  Grandma has given her a lot, especially since her hospital stay.  She has an American Girl Doll that she never touches.  She's never been a Barbie playing kid. 

Any ideas?

2. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

is this from you or grandma? I will say that both of my girls have ipads. I have them locked, so during the school year they have to practice piano and do their 20 minutes of reading before I will unlock them. They love to be able to imessage and facetime their friends. During the summer I do give them a little more freedom with it, but they have mini book reports to do over the summer, so I give them 2 weeks to complete one then they can't use any electronics.

They also both just bought themselves ds2 with birthday money that they are enjoying.

My favorite birthday present that we give to friends, is we go to 5below, and pick out a bin and fill it with different crafts. Everyone who we have given this to loves it.

1 person likes this.
  3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Amazon gift card?  She could buy books/music.apps for her Kindle.
    Natural looking make-up/nail polish.
    My 9 year old loves those rainbow loom things.
    Converse tennis shoes/cute headbands.

Just throwing out some ideas-things my 9 almost 10yo daughter likes.

1 person likes this.
  4. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was going to suggest the rainbow loom also.
    An Amazon gift card might be good.
    Depending on how arts and crafty she is, you can go to some place like Joann's or Hobby Lobby and pick through their fabric remnants scrap pile and get fabric and then some fun ribbons or lace and stuffing and turn her loose. (My Sarah would just die of happiness for a gift like this).
    Maybe buy her some crafting or cake decorating classes at Michaels and Joanns.
    If she likes playing music, something like this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00000J50W/?tag=mytwins02-20 You don't actually have to read music to play a lap harp. Sarah has one of these from my parents and liked that she can just sit and play a song.

Marissa

1 person likes this.
  5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Yes, this is Grandma looking for ideas for her.  She tends to be very opinionated and my kids would live behind a screen if they were allowed to.  The twins both have Nintendo DS and some games.. but they are never playing on them anymore.  It's all kindle Fire apps (along with their required reading and math on there). 

Thanks.. something to think about.  The lap harp looks cool.