GGGRRR...1hr glucose test came back 146

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Specky, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

I'm so close to the 140 mark. WHat are the chances my dr. will overlook the 6 points and say, "nah...your close enough to not having GD, we will ignore it?"

My babies are big at 3lbs each (28wks)...but my husband and i are both on the bigger side...
    I"m 6' 190lbs prior to pregnancy and my dh is 6/4 at 280...

Ugghh!

After I drank the nasty stuff...my stomach started to hurt...now I think I'm crashing...i just want to go to sleep!!!

This stinks!!!

Sorry just needed to vent!

anyone have any experience with this?

UPDATE-just ate some protein, feeling a bit better...sooo weird! and ANNOYING!

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Im sorry Rebecca! I failed my 1 hour test, then my Dr had me do the 3 hour test and I passed. I hope that is the case with you! :hug:

3. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

If you failed (which at 146 you did), then you will have to do the 3 hour test. It's not fun but likely you'll pass especially considering you failed "only" by 6 points.

I didn't have GD with the boys but I have it this time. Failed my one hour with a 197 and failed 2 of the 4 pricks for the 3 hour, borderlined the other 2 pricks. I'm on a diabetic diet and taking anti-diabetic meds (glyburide) to keep my blood sugar down. Not fun, but definitely not the worse thing ever.

If you have questions, feel free to pm me.

4. HoneyBear23

HoneyBear23 Well-Known Member

Argh! I hope you pass the 3 hr! GL!

I failed the 1 and 3hr tests. :angry: So now I'm in finger pricking GD land. :angry:

5. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

I failed, too...so finger pricking for the majority of the pregnancy until I was allowed to come off of terbutaline for the contractions...then my sugar went back to normal! The dr said terb raises your sugar. Are you on any meds that might be doing it?

6. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

Oh I failed the 1 hour and had to do the 3 hour. I passed the 3 hour with flying colors. Good luck and hope you pass the 3 hour.

7. EricaM

EricaM Well-Known Member

I just failed my 1 hr too, with a 180 :(

I'm dreading the 3 hr, and with numbers that high, it seems pretty unlikely that I'll pass it.

Everyone I know who failed the 1 hour with numbers in the 140s went on to pass the 3 hr, though, so hopefully that makes you feel a little better!