Getting Through Doors with SBS Stroller?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cat mommy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Pretty soon, I will have to start taking them to their doctors appointments on my own. My doctor's office has a big glass front door that opens outward. It is one door and very wide and heavy. As you enter, the door handle is on the right and you pull it open. I struggle with that door even without the twins, so I have no idea how I will manage with the stroller? Maybe prop it with my foot?

The one time that I went alone (with just DD), I waited until another patient opened the door and held it for me. :FIFblush:

(I don't want to ask them to let me in through the employee entrance cause I don't want to be a pain).

And, yes, I have thought about switching doctors but this one is so convenient to our house that I don't want to do that.

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I usually just pull the door open (and hold it open with either my back or my foot), pull the stroller from the front as far as I can, then go to the back of the stroller and push it through while holding the door open with my other hand. Does that make any sense??

3. cat mommy

Pull from the front!! I hadn't even thought of that--great idea.

4. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Yup, pull from the front.

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yep, same here.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto the others! :D

7. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Yup me too...but I have to ask....shouldn't a doctors office be wheelchair accessible meaning have an easier front door to open? I struggle with this everyday around here in that most of the doors that have those buttons to push for handicap access are broken. I can only imagine how irritating this is for people in wheelchairs!

ANyway back on topic, I do what everyone else said about using my back and pulling from the front. Good luck!

8. cat mommy

I too was surprised when I realized the office wasn't easily wheelchair accessible!! Cause I figured I could just push the button like I can everywhere else.