Getting so sick of being asked

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mom23sweetgirlies, Nov 28, 2009.

1. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

if I'm sure that I'm not having twins again!! Anybody else getting this question a lot? I swear I get asked this at least once a day! I've even had somebody ask me if I was having a litter this time. At my last appointment the Dr. told me that my stomach is huge although measuring exactly right for my dates. I'm thinking he's going to be my biggest baby although that wouldn't be hard because my first was 6lb 12oz and the twins were tiny preemies. My DH keeps joking that they missed one on the ultrasound, so not funny!

2. I get asked this all the time, too! I can't believe how rude people can be sometimes. I try not to let it bother me, but some days I'm way more hormonal than others. :angry:

My preemie twins were both under two pounds, and the boy I'm currently carrying is measuring big for his gestational age, so I'm trying to take the comments as compliments. I must be doing something right because he's growing so well. :blush: I just tell people, that no, it's only one, and I hope he's going to be big and loud, just like I want him. That tends to make people smile, especially those who know the story of my twins...

3. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I really haven't had anyone second guess what I tell them... which upon announcing the news I was very firm, 'Yes, we're pregnant, and it's definitely just one!' But I would be really annoyed over the comments, especially about the 'litter' one. Of course, I had a singleton baby already after my twins, so obviously people realize I'm not somehow restricted to having twins.

4. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

I'm only 21 weeks and I'm asked all the time. I am pretty big and the baby is measuring 9 days ahead (I think I may really be 9 days ahead and the due date is off) but either way I'm pretty darn big. It's annoying though.

5. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Since we've finally announced that I was pregnant at Thanksgiving I think EVERY SINGLE family member said...."Maybe it will be twin girls this time!Harahahahaha har har haahahahar!" Like they were the first person to think that! I just said No we already saw the baby and its only 1! We don't hear much after that!

6. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Most people don't even ask me, they just see me and say--Finally, you're having the set of boys!

(as if you could just order like that :blink: )

I need a t-shirt that says, No, just one.

7. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Yes, I got that one a lot too. Even though very few people knew I took Clomid for the twins (but not for this one).

I think I've seen some variations on this thread before -- sometimes you just want to say, MYOB!

8. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I get the " just one this time" in a skeptical asking kind of voice quite a bit.
    Then theres my co-workers who joke about me and the "triplets" they figure I have to outdo myself from last time.
    I keep telling them if triplets come out I will have an extra baby or two for those in the office :)

9. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

I second Melissa's tshirt idea...I've needed one this entire pregnancy! I think people will ask regardless of your size, although I am "big momma" lol...but I think its usually genuine curiosity or them just trying to be funny.

10. mom23sweetgirlies

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, LOL!

11. twinsmommy11007

twinsmommy11007 Well-Known Member

I get that question all the time....from family mostly trying to be funny. which of course they are not. I just say no just one big healthy baby boy. The dr said he is in the 75% for gestational age but I measure the correct week. People are just rude.

12. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

LOL - We get that too, and it's really funny to watch their faces when we tell them that yes, it is twins again! Love it! Of course that opens up the box of worms about fertility drugs (no), if they run in the family (they do now), did we want a big family (yes, we'll love whoever we get - we're not putting any up for adoption!) :headbang: People can be so rude and nosey!!

13. mom23sweetgirlies

Oh man I cannot imagine the kind of comments I would get if it was twins again! Sorry you are having to deal with people who don't know how to mind their own business. You are so blessed to be having twins again as I'm sure you already know, congrats! :)