Getting sick of my name

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by snowmom, Oct 9, 2009.

1. snowmom

snowmom Well-Known Member

I think if I was to count it, I would hear the name Mommy about 500 times a day. Charlotte is in a very clingly stage right now, all Mommy,all the time. I feel like Tyler is getting the short stick, cause he's less interested in hanging out on my lap. Josh calls me Mom, not Mommy, but he's been quite needy to lately. AARRGH!

This too shall pass
    This too shall pass
    This too shall pass.

This is my mantra lately.
    Just needed to rant

2. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

remember when we kept trying and trying to teach them how to say "momma momma"
    I alwasy tried to teach them to say "dadadadaa"
    :rofl:
    mine don't say it that much yet :)

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: I know just how frustrating that can be. You are right, this too shall pass. :hug:

In honor, here is a funny video: Mommy, mommy, mommy...

4. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I wish I could get my kids to call me mama. I don't hear it very often and would like to hear it more. I'm tired of hearing eh, eh, eh.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It can be frustrating, my BF sent me that clip for my cell phone. That just reminds me of my DD. It will pass :hug:

6. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

Hehe that made me laugh! :laughing: Mine aren't saying it yet, more like Mumumum but I can see it getting old fast! Hang in there, you are right, this too shall pass!!

7. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Mine not only say mama when they are calling me or talking to me or refering to me, they also say mama when they want something (as if Im the only one capable of getting it for them!).
    You can tell who stays home with them most :)

They will see thier dad getting something out of the fridge and see something they want, point and say mama! mama! My husband says " Im not your mama" LOL

8. snowmom

snowmom Well-Known Member

I too can tell who is the stay at home parent here lol! I'm sure that my two are convinced that only Mommy can do things for them. Does not matter if Daddy is holding their shoes, they come to me asking to put them on.

" Mama is her only epithet and synonym for God and the Government and the onle force of majesty and intelligence obeying the call of pity,hunger,pain,cold,dark-MAMA,MAMA,MAMA." excerpt from poem Seventeen Months by Carl Sandburg