Getting Around

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MichB, Dec 13, 2010.

1. MichB

MichB Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I am new to this site, it looks great, wish I found it months ago! I have b/g twins, 20 months old. I am wondering if anyone has any advice about something I have been struggling with. It seems simple but my kids are in daycare 3 days a week and my trouble is when I go to pick them up, I struggle with getting them from the daycare into the car. I have been using the stroller (which frankly is a pain in the neck as they are going though a hate the stroller stage), and now it is winter and the snow is an issue anyway. however, not sure sure how else to do it - when I try to walk them out they try to run away in the parking lot and give me a near heart attack. or one will walk the other won't. I can't carry them as when I try to put one down to put the other in the car the first one runs away. Well, you are all twin moms so you get it.....any thoughts? Thank you!!!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to TS!
    Have you tried the backpack harnesses? I found them to be helpful when our two went through that stage. Now they are older, they walk with me pretty well and if I am putting one child in the car seat, I have the other hold on to my leg, so I know that they are still there.

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS! I was going to suggest a harness like the PP did. It may be your easiest solution. Good luck

4. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome, I was going to suggest a harness too. I used to think they were "mean" until I had 3 kids under a year and a half lol. Now once the twins start walking you can bet we will be using them if we ever go anywhere lol. Also could one of the daycare workers help you maybe? Could you pull up your vehicle to the doors? Good luck!

5. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Backpack harness all the way!

6. MichB

MichB Well-Known Member

Thanks - I really appreciate the advice. Tried the harnesses today and they worked like a charm. It's funny, i got them as a gift and have never used them & now I really can't understand why!

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

When my twins were 13 weeks old, I got the bright idea to take all of my kids to Walmart. My oldest was just over 2, and refused to hold my hand, sit stroller. It was a horrible experience. The next day I bought a harness, and havent looked back since. Once the twins start walking, they'll be using them as well!

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:good: glad the harnesses worked, that was going to be my suggestion :D When I don't want the stroller or there's no room for it, the harness's work great!

9. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Glad that worked for you! I actually put one in my Ergo carrier and carry the other one (or she could walk theoretically too, if she were not in socks). That way, no one runs away while I am loading one into the car.