Getting around Targets ridiculous return policy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Apr 1, 2009.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

So I got two bouncy seats for my shower one that I registered for at babies r us and one from target. Both are pink so I wanted to return the one from target so I could get a blue one. Normally at stores no reciept = exchange/credit....but Traget Sucks!!!!! no reciept and over $30 = no return no matter what even though the box is closed the item and box look mint and it can ring into there computer and it hasnt been on sale at all!

So I've heard from people that I should make up a registry then check it off as purchased so target will use that as a reciept. Is this true? I created the registry picked a bunch of random items and then clicked that one as purchased, but I don't understand how they will use this as a reciept when theirs no purchase record?

Anyone do this before?

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I've not heard of being able to do that at Target, but good luck. :good: Is it possible to give the person who got you that bouncy seat a call and ask if they have the reciept? :pardon: I know that Bed, Bath and Beyond has that kind of return policy for anyone that is registered with them, so maybe target is doing it now too. Good luck.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Not sure about making up a registry at Target. But I do agree, their return policy stinks without a receipt. :angry: Good luck!!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Why not return the pink one to BRU and get a blue one from there because you can do a return off your registry and just keep the pink one from Target?

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Apr 1 2009, 03:11 PM) [snapback]1254553[/snapback]
    Why not return the pink one to BRU and get a blue one from there because you can do a return off your registry and just keep the pink one from Target?

Or that! :clapping: Good one. I didn't know that BRU does the whole "if it's on a registry" return policy. Good to know.

6. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Apr 1 2009, 03:11 PM) [snapback]1254553[/snapback]

Worste come to worste I'll do that but I would like to keep the one from BRU because its the full pink boppy seat I really wanted the one from target is biege with a few pink accents on the toys. I guess I'll just try and see on saturday, and bring them both with me incase I need to head over to BRU.

7. BabyMoPlusThree

BabyMoPlusThree Well-Known Member

I just returned something yesterday. They can look up a receipt by credit card. Can you get the gift giver to go with you to do the exhange?

8. lorileahb

lorileahb Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm usually a very honest person, but Target's return policy (or lack of return policy) can drive a sane person mad. I already had a registry at Target when I was pregnant with my son. I received a Pack-N-Play I did not register for, complete with a Target price tag... to no avail. I went online to my registry - added the Pack-n-Play and then changed the quantity I had received from 0 to 2 (I put that I had requested 1). Then, I went back to Target. After looking at my registry, they gave me store credit.

Granted this was in 2006, but I'm guessing it may still work. Good luck!

9. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Take it to WalMart. They take things back without a receipt. You'll get store credit, but at least you can buy some other stuff.

10. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

boy that stinks. no idea about the registry thing. If they sell the same thing at walmart go there. I have gotten things I have no idea which store they came from adn returned them to a store I know sells the same thing adn have not had a problem.

good luck.

11. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Target is just the worst about any returns. I don't know of any way around it.

Good Luck

12. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

I recently asked the lady at the Target customer service counter about this. She said if it is on my registry and I don't have a receipt, they will allow me to return it. So yeah, I think if you were to add something to your registry at Target and tell them you got duplicates, they will return it. Good Luck!