Gest. Age of Babies Question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Stinkpea, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Stinkpea

Stinkpea Well-Known Member

I have kind of had this in the back of my mind since my last appt that maybe this is something I should be worried about....

The Gest. Age of the babies at that time should have been 22.4weeks.

Baby A is the boy and Baby B is the girl.

Baby A is measuring at 23.3weeks, 6 days ahead
    Baby B is measuring at 22.1weeks, 3 days behind but that then makes 9 days behind Baby A.

Baby A was est weight was 1.26 and Baby B was 1.05.

Do you think this is anything I should be concerned about??

2. Stinkpea

I have kind of had this in the back of my mind since my last appt that maybe this is something I should be worried about....

The Gest. Age of the babies at that time should have been 22.4weeks.

Baby A is the boy and Baby B is the girl.

Baby A is measuring at 23.3weeks, 6 days ahead
    Baby B is measuring at 22.1weeks, 3 days behind but that then makes 9 days behind Baby A.

Baby A was est weight was 1.26 and Baby B was 1.05.

Do you think this is anything I should be concerned about??

3. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt be too concerned unless the doctor was. Alot of times the ultrasounds can be off, especially if the babies were moving around alot that day.

4. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Since your babies are fraternal b/g, they can be very likely to grow at different rates. I don't think there's any cause for concern as long as they continue to grow on their own "growth curve."

5. Stinkpea

Thanks for the reassurance ladies, I was thinking that was the case but just needed to hear it from someone else.

I obviously have too much time on my hands on bedrest, thinking of things that could possibly go wrong or be wrong. urggghhhh!!!

6. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

My OB was never concerned about our difference, which was usually about a week, until the peri actually found a reason for it. Especially since yours are definately fraternal, and genetically no more alike than normal bro/sis, there's probably no need at all for concern, as long as both continue to grow.