Game Recomendation -- Count Across

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Kendra, May 15, 2008.

1. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

3 weeks ago when I was buying new toys for day care I bought Count Across and its been in constant use since. I wasn't expecting it to be since its all icky educational but the kids just love it. It says 6+ but the 4 year olds are into it too.

You roll the dice and add or multiply the numbers and put a chip on the board at the answer. You have to try and get 4 numbers in a row. You can do straight addition or multiplcation or a combination. The 8 year old boys this morning were talking about it outside with non-day care kids.

Also popular right now are Jenga, Zigity and dressing Webkinz in doll clothes ("We don't need real Webkinz clothes! Cool!")

2. JandCsMom

JandCsMom Well-Known Member

It looks great! I just ordered it....

3. Ellen Barr

Ellen Barr Well-Known Member

Thanks Kendra! Uno, another of your recommendations, is all the rage here right now. At we've been looking for a new game, so thanks for the recommendations :)

4. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I'll definitely have to look into it. The girls LOVE math, so I know they would love this game too.

5. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

All three of my girls have birthdays next week so I think I'll go look for this. Thanks!

6. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

That sounds like something my boys would all like. I think I'll get it next time I'm at Target. Thanks for the recommendation! Clue Jr. is a great game, but they want to play it EVERY time, and it's getting a little old.

7. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Amy, along the lines of Clue is 1313 Dead End Drive. It takes forever to set up but its a lot of fun.

8. DinaJ

DinaJ Well-Known Member

My 5 yr. olds are really into ADULT Sequence and Blink right now. And of course my little smartie, Adam, loves Racko and can beat me. :blush: Just sometimes.....

9. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

kewl, thanks! :D