Funny conversation this morning

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Leighann, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Little side notes: Practically everyone the girls know wear glasses- DH, me, my sister, my parents, etc etc. Oh and the girls are OBSESSED with school right now. They want to go, they want a teacher, they want homework (they 'help' the sitter's dd do her homework every day).

Overheard this morning...

Ana: Mommy I'm going to do my homework now! (she sits down at the table with her magnadoodle)

Meara: Ana you need your glasses to see what you are doing! (hands Ana a pair of Mr. Potatohead glasses to wear).

Ana: Mewa I CAN see what I'm doing! I don't need glasses!!!

Meara: Ana everyone needs glasses to do homework.

After much back and forth, they were BOTH sitting at the table 'doing homework' on their magnadoodles wearing Mr. Potatohead glasses. I should have gotten out the camera, but I'm lazy and drinking coffee, and typing on TS. Nice momma, huh?

So what funny conversations have your kiddos had this morning?

1 person likes this.
  2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

That is adorable!!! :wub: I love how much your girls think. :good:

Not today but the other day (bad mommy moment, but cute twin moment) I was very frustrated with Lauren so I snapped at her. She got the pouty face so Emma went over to her, snuggled her, started rubbing her back and said "It's okay Lolo, I will snuggle you. Sssshhh, it's okay." Made me feel like a piece of crap, but also made me laugh at the same time. They have been doing this to each other all the time they get upset now since then.

Emma grabs her purse, cell phone, and a few other random items, all the time and says "Hugs and Kisses! I'm going to work now!" which is just what I say on the mornings I go to work.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Awww Michelle about pretending to go to work!
    And :hug: about them comforting each other. Very cute, but I can see how it would tug at your heart-strings too :grouphug:

4. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Oh, that's hilarious! :laughing: Those Mr. Potatohead glasses are a big hit here too.

Can't think of any conversations between them offhand, but this morning Ivy told me that she is "a kid mommy." I asked her, "Oh, are you a mommy? Do you have a baby?" "Yes." "What's your baby's name?" "Andrew!" :rotflmbo: And she mothers him all the time (showing him how to do stuff, giving hugs and kisses, repeating stuff that I tell them).

Also, lately Andrew wants me to draw pictures of him in all kinds of settings (in a bathtub, in a rocket, etc). Invariably, as soon as I finish, he wants me to put Ivy in there with him. :wub:

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Love all these cute conversations :wub:
    This morning while my two were eating breakfast:
    Luke: See coffee?
    Sophia: No coffee.
    Luke: See coffee.
    Sophia: Yes.
    Luke: See coffee and wash?
    Sophia: Duck.

Luke is obsessed with the coffee machine (along with the bathtub, washing dishes, the garbage disposal and the washing machine)...When Bob makes coffee on the weekend, he puts Luke in his seat and pulls him over to the coffee machine, so Luke can watch it brew. The boy just sits there happily eating his breakfast watching the coffee machine do it's thing.

6. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Ah, Luke is a man after my own heart! Feel free to take him on a field trip to my house and I'll show him how to use the French press! :lol:

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Holly, Luke said whenever you can pencil him in, he will be there with a suitcase and his talking Rescue Pack :laughing:

8. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

mine dont' talk that much yet but i have the CUTEST pic of one of them in their little kitchen w/the fake cell phone pinned between his shoulder and ear on one side and mixing up some "food" w/the other hand--soo cute! (and i can't tell you where he's seen that because i'm not coordinated enough to do such a thing!).

~~jl

ps: i tried to atach the pic... maybe it'll work?

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: Definitely send him to Holly's!

Very cute conversations!!

10. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

What adorable conversations! :wub:

Mine crack me up on a regular basis, but I can't think of any especially cute ones today.

11. Sylvarin

Sylvarin Well-Known Member

My two have complicated, imaginative conversations often; I should start writing them all down to share with them when they get old enough to appreciate them :)

One comment I heard from Alex on the way home from preschool one morning:

Me: Did you have fun at preschool today, honey?
    Alex: Yeah. We made instruments, Momma. You need instruments to make music, Momma. You can sing too. I'm hungry but I don't know what I to eat yet because my tummy forgot. (I put periods and such in, but this was said all in one breath so I don't think this had any periods in his little mind, if that makes sense).

12. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Royce said that pedialyte is "icky juice". I told him he needed to drink his juice and he simply said, "icky juice" and won't drink it.

13. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:laughing: Leighann so cute! What a picture moment but I can relate to drinking your coffee too!!