Freaking out, suddenly LOTS of clear, watery discharge at 9 weeks... gross behind topic...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by desolation_anonymous, May 4, 2008.

1. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

Well, I'm kinda freaked outed because on my way home from work today I felt a LOT of fluid come out- like when I'm on a heavy period. When I came home found out it was very thin, clear, watery discharge, a lot... which had half soaked the pad I was wearing (been wearing a full pad just in case, been having mild spotting off and on, more off than on). Is this something to worry about/a bad sign? I've been having discharge but nothing like that (usually thicker and not even a quarter as much) up until now...

Has anyone else had this happen in the first trimester?

Any responses would be very much appreciated, I'm really worried/scared.... I want to keep and love my twins!

2. Terrebeth1

Terrebeth1 Well-Known Member

Throughout my pregnancy I have had a bit of a clear mucus discharge. It sounds like you are having more though. Maybe call your ob and ask if that is normal. I would probably wait until they are open on Monday unless you are bleeding too.

Good luck! Oh, BTW, do you have allergies? I notice when I have more mucus on top, I have more mucus down there too!

3. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Discharge does some crazy things during pregnancy! If you are worried, call the oncall doc but I think it's probably okay if there's no bleeding and/or cramping.

4. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I had thin, watery discharge with a couple of my pregnancies. Hopefully that is all it is. :hug99:

5. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug99: :hug99: I hope all is ok!

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I had lots of discharge throughout my whole pregnancy, but not to soak a pad. I'd call your OB if you are worried, they may be able to put your mind at ease. :hug99:

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ktfan @ May 4 2008, 08:10 AM) [snapback]754479[/snapback]
    Discharge does some crazy things during pregnancy! If you are worried, call the oncall doc but I think it's probably okay if there's no bleeding and/or cramping.

this is what I was going to say also !!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had discharge, but more towards the end of my pregnancies. I agree, if you are worried it might be worth giving your OB a call, to ease your mind. :hug99:

9. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

:hug99: I agree with PP's. Id call the doc on call an ask. Hope all is ok with you 3.

10. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(Terrebeth1 @ May 4 2008, 05:43 AM) [snapback]754428[/snapback]
    Throughout my pregnancy I have had a bit of a clear mucus discharge. It sounds like you are having more though. Maybe call your ob and ask if that is normal. I would probably wait until they are open on Monday unless you are bleeding too.

Good luck! Oh, BTW, do you have allergies? I notice when I have more mucus on top, I have more mucus down there too!

Yes, I do, thank you!

Hee heee I've had a really WEIRD week. Thank you so much for your response! Also my first preg. ever, so I have no idea what to expect in general... let alone w/more ;)

11. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(ktfan @ May 4 2008, 07:10 AM) [snapback]754479[/snapback]

Thank you! Actually, no on call doc, Kaiser... just an advice nurse and they almost *always* tell you just to go to the hospital unless it's a non-symptom related question...

QUOTE(5girlies @ May 4 2008, 07:53 AM) [snapback]754513[/snapback]
    I had thin, watery discharge with a couple of my pregnancies. Hopefully that is all it is. :hug99:

Thank you!

12. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(desolation_anonymous @ May 4 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]754840[/snapback]
    Hee heee I've had a really WEIRD week. Thank you so much for your response! Also my first preg. ever, so I have no idea what to expect in general... let alone w/more ;)

That's what makes TS so wonderful! You can ask away and there are alot of smart, experienced woman to help you. :hug99: We all know what you are going through. :)

13. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(HRE @ May 4 2008, 08:01 AM) [snapback]754525[/snapback]
    :hug99: :hug99: I hope all is ok!

thanks!

14. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(TwinLove @ May 4 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]754533[/snapback]
    I had lots of discharge throughout my whole pregnancy, but not to soak a pad. I'd call your OB if you are worried, they may be able to put your mind at ease. :hug99:

Thank you! Couldn't call the OB, it's Kaiser.... advice nurse... they're good but they almost *always* tell you to go to the ER for liability reasons...

QUOTE(summerfun @ May 4 2008, 09:50 AM) [snapback]754660[/snapback]
    I had discharge, but more towards the end of my pregnancies. I agree, if you are worried it might be worth giving your OB a call, to ease your mind. :hug99:

Thank you! I am so thankful everyone is posting their experiences, I really appreciate it...

15. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(my7kdz @ May 4 2008, 12:59 PM) [snapback]754834[/snapback]
    :hug99: I agree with PP's. Id call the doc on call an ask. Hope all is ok with you 3.

Thanks...so called the advice nurse... as expected they told me to go to the ER.... I feel so silly going there for something like this because they can't do anything at this stage of pregancy if it is something really bad anyway....

I'll keep eveyone updated...

thank you all so much for your responses!