*** Forum of the Week! ***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Jul 27, 2008.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

[SIZE=18pt]Health Issues and Special Needs Forum

Every week we will be showcasing a different forum that is part of Twinstuff. We want our expecting moms to know all the different places there are at this site and be comfortable going to them. This week we'll be showcasing the Health Issues and Special Needs Forum. The Moderators of this forum are CCJN, Nifty, becky5 and 2gherkins . The Mods are there if you have any questions about their forum or TS.

Please feel free to respond back to this thread with your questions or something you learned from visiting this forum. We'll be having the Mods stop by and tell us more about it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Click here to check out the forum of the week![/SIZE]
    :)

2. 4kids4Cat

4kids4Cat Well-Known Member

Hi there! I am Cathy, also known as 2gherkins, and I am one of the moderators of the Health Issues and Special Needs forum. I guess I will start by posting our forum description:

We've created this forum for everyone to join in to discuss, offer support, ask and answer questions regarding health issues affecting our unborn babies, children and families.

We have specific information on:
    Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome,
    Early Intervention for Twins, and information on Autistic Spectrum Disorders, and
    Everything you wanted to know about vaccines.

We have a Mental Health Issues subforum, which is overseen by Becky5.

We also have a Health Issues: Experienced Members list, where some of our members have posted their personal experiences in a variety of health issues, involving either them or their children. These members have agreed to be available to the Twinstuff community to lend their support and advice, to anyone who may need it.

In the general forum, we have members post and update stories, share concerns, ask questions and express relief at positive news from a doctor appointment or a successful surgery. And, of course, we support those with ongoing health issues and/or special needs. There is a lot of encouragement and heartfelt caring, in our forum. As mods, we try to make sure questions are answered as often as possible and as best we can. If we can't answer a question, we'll often research it for you.

Not necessarily related to health issues, but something I personally have a keen interest in, is Zygosity testing. I have written an article on it and posted it on our Twin Wiki here: Zygosity Testing

Come and visit us sometime. We'd love to meet you! :)

3. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Awesome description Cathy! This is a wonderful and informative forum. With the addition of the Mental Health Subforum, the support is wonderful and much needed in the TS community!

Thank you Health Mods!

4. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Cathy summed it up pretty good. Cathy, Renee, Becky, and I all come from a variety of personal experience backgrounds too, which we all seem to be able to utilize to help with research and support for our TS members. :)

My twins were preemies and one of them has special needs, I have a lot of experience with different therapies, testing, doctor specialties (who does what),orthotics, surgeries, and just daily living with a child with disabilities.

I also work full time as an RN in a Cardiology office.

If there is ever a question, worry, concern related to Health Issues or Special needs please stop by and ask away :D

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:give_rose: Thank you ladies! :give_rose:

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

Hello TS twin-mommies-to-be!

We have a private subforum of the Health Issues/Special Needs forum for Mental Health Issues. It is forum that is both supportive and informative for our members to talk to their peers about depression, anxiety, mood disorders, medications, therapy, and recovery. If you would like access to this forum, please contact me at any time!

Best wishes!
    Becky