For those who were curious about my girls birthday party with a book exchange!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by siobhan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

We had the party yesterday! it went great better than I expected, we had 15 kids everyone bought a book or two wrapped in all kinds of wrapping paper, we wrote down all the names of the kids in a piece of paper and pulled each name out of the hat and they came up to pick out a book.... The kids and Moms loved the idea...My girls ended up with about 5 books..
    I would definetly do it again.. plus their preschool teacher thought it was an excellent idea.

2. sruth

sruth Well-Known Member

It's like a three in one! It's a game for the kids, a party favor and gift all in one! I love it...

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

What a cool idea!!!

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Oooh, what a great idea! Did you ask them to bring a book in lieu of a birthday present?

5. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

Yes!! That's what i wrote on the invite......... I didn't do the goody bag..

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Ah ha, that's awesome!! I'm glad it turned out so well. I might have to keep that in mind come September......

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am going to do this with L&Ls birthday in September! It sounds like a great idea & we already have waaaaay to many toys and my two LOVE books!

8. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

SO did you add 2 books to the starting collection (for your girls?) and how did they end up with 5? Seems everyone would end up with 1 each?
    Where these all used books like a trade or new books?