For those of you who 'went back in' for a third...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by marchtwins, Feb 1, 2011.

1. marchtwins

marchtwins Well-Known Member

Hi all!

My twins are turning 3 soon...I can't believe it. Truly. My thoughts often drift to having another baby now that the twins are becoming more self-sufficient, but I'm not sure it makes sense for my husband and I since we don't live near family and are really 'on duty' all the time w/o help. I like the idea of a 3.5 year age difference and it seems to be the right time. But so many questions swirl in my mind as to whether it actually makes sense! ;)

Those of you that did have a third, how was your experience different from having the twins? and if your pregnancy was planned, how did you know it was the right time?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Thanks guys

2. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

Having a singleton after twins was much easier. We just figured that after a year it would be nice to have another. I prefer to have closely space kids. We are expecting our fourth this fall and are pretty excited. The older ones will be much more helpful and independent by then.

3. eehrlich

eehrlich Well-Known Member

we always knew we wanted a 3rd and part of me just wanted to have the normal experience of a singleton, so when the girls turned 2 we went for it. our little guy arrived a few months before the girls turned 3 and the timing was perfect. the girls are potty trained and so independent, they mostly entertain themselves and dont need much from me other than love and a meal 3 times a day. i was worried about having twins again but figured the odds were slim since they are mono/di. of course i was scared to death when we found out i was pg again and it took 3 u/s to convince me there was only one in there, but all was well. my pg was uneventful and the little one is so laid back and he's happy to just chill out and watch his big sisters run amok. one is soooo easy after twins. if you want another, go for it, your timing is great and twins are used to sharing the spotlight, so jealousy isnt much of a problem. good luck!

4. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

I wanted at least 2 years between the twins and a next baby so we started trying when they were 15 months but it took 7 months to conceive. There are 22 months between #3 and #4. I think it's just different strokes for different folks. I wanted my boys to be old enough to be somewhat self-sufficient but I didn't want to be so out of "baby mode". I prefer them closer together. My kids have all done fabulous. We have no sibling rivalry issues except between the twins themselves, but that's a whole other story. The 4 of them play together all the time. It's awesome to watch. I say go for it! You won't regret it.

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

You will never regret having another baby, but you will if you don't!! Things have a way of working themselves out!!

6. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

We went back for a 3rd but got a 3rd and 4th. We have to do IVF so it wasn't a shock but life will get crazy here soon. Mine will be almost 3 1/2 yrs apart exactly. They are so self sufficient adn I have worked to make them more so. We also have no family even in the same state. We are excited and our c-section is schedule for 2 weeks.