Food poisoning- bad diahreah, worried it will hurt the babies...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by desolation_anonymous, Sep 15, 2008.

1. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

On Saturday I ate ice cream that went very bad. basically, I gulped down 3-4 large bites of ice-cream that went bad before I realized it was bad. The ice cream was in a freezer in a new fridge we had (and it turned out the freezer wasn't up enough) for two-three weeks- noticed it was really soft, but gulped down several bites before I realized it was bad (and awfully sour). Noticed later when it 'melted' it had a cheese-like consitancy and still looked unfrozen...ewwwww....

Doctor and L&D said it wouldn't hurt the babies, at most vomiting and diahreah but I'm still really worried about it. Started diahreah yesterday. Now, I'm peeing out my rear. very painful. And I'm really worried about the babies- because I read too much on the internet....

Also, today... don't know if I'm more sensitive/worried due to what happened earlier... today I ate at a restaurant chicken parmegean, ate really fast, played with my food after, and noticed the chicken looked kinda pink... the food was lukewarm and I didn't notice anything in the taste/consistancy... do I need to worry if this will hurt the babies or not if the chicken was still pink? I put in an email to my doctor... but it sometime takes several days to hear back...

I am SO mad at myself because I've been SO careful/paranoid about what I've been eating, no dressing in case there is mayonaise in it, forgoing ice-cream unless I can make SURE there aren't raw egg yolks in it.. tno soft ice cream, no food at restaurants that had been sitting out a while...

then I eat unsafe food, potentially two times within a three day period! Arghhh!

Hoping people have similar experiences or reassuances on how it won't hurt the babies- I can deal with the unpleasantness, but I am so worried about them...
    Thanks in advance, sorry about the whining....

2. jlh1994

jlh1994 Member

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that with each of my two pregnancies, I have gotten a stomach virus/food poisoning at least once. I had 2 healthy babies. Just make sure that if you do have diarrhea/vomiting that you try to increase your fluid intake. With my daughter, I ended up in the hospital with dehydration after one bout because I couldn't keep anything down. I would definitely still talk to your dr escpecially if it doesn't get any better. I hope you feel better!

3. spiveyplustwins

spiveyplustwins Well-Known Member

I would have really bad diahreah and throwing up and they said the babies are so snugged in there that they are ok with it all.

4. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

I had an episode of food poisoning just last week from god knows what food. Doc's not too worried as long as its not 'dangerous' food like raw eggs, raw fish/beef/seafood. Ask ur doc if u're unsure darling, don't worry yourself out.

Not sure if anyone experienced the same thing, but my babies were exceptionally active on those days I had diarrhoea! I know its hard not to worry! But call ur doc up!

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had food poisoning while pregnant with the twins and they were fine. Just keep yourself hydrated. :hug: