Food ideas for morning party?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by heybabalou, May 21, 2010.

1. heybabalou

heybabalou Well-Known Member

The boys will be three years old on Monday and we are having a Sesame Street party in the park on Sunday. The party is at 10 AM, so wondering what food to serve. (In the past our parties have been at lunch time or in the afternoon, but I wanted to have it earlier so they don't get too cranky.) I thought bagels and coffee (for the adults) and juice would be good, but what else? The shelter at the park doesn't have electricity. We will probably have cake around 12 noon. Maybe I should put some lunch stuff out too, since it is kind of a "brunchy" time. Any suggestions? TIA!

2. pgmummy

pgmummy Well-Known Member

What about cheese biscuits? Mini Quiches? Slices of a yummy cinnamon raisin bread with butter? Maybe also some cut up fruit, slices of cheese and crackers?

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was thinking some kind of cut up fruit (kabobs or with a yogurt dip). Some gold fish crackers (do a variety of them pretzel/cinnamon/cheese), you could also make a snack mix for the kids using various Cheerios flavors, raisins, yogurt raisins. Have fun.

4. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

Fruit salad is always a hit or even just cut up watermelon. Do you have a Dunkin Donuts where you live? Can't go wrong with Munchkins. Muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, etc. Mini-quiches is a great idea too.

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Fruit cups
    Scones
    Yogurt and granola

6. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Maybe fruit and mini muffins too. And kids always love donut holes.

7. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Great suggestions. I would do fruit, a snack mix of some kids, cinnomon rolls, juice. If you want to do bagel, Sara Lee has the mini bagels out and they are great size for kids. Mine can eat a whole one so no waste.

8. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Easy snacks would be - raisons in boxes, nutrigrain bars, fruit (bananas), pretzels, cheerios, graham wafers, arrowroot cookies. Or for a bit more work - other cut-up fruit, muffins, veggies with dip, crackers or even invididual yogurts.

Good luck!

9. heybabalou

heybabalou Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone! We ended up doing bagels, juice, coffee, fruit with yogurt dip, fruit salad, cheese plate, goldfish crackers and cake of course. We had a Sesame Street theme, and the decorations and cake were beautiful!