Follow up: Teacher's manditory in home visit

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cjk2002, Nov 7, 2011.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I had posted the question about a month ago about is it normal for preschool teachers to make it manditory for an in home visit during the school year. The majority of you said you had never heard of such a thing and for those of you who did, it was prior to the start of the school year.

Well, today was the day for the visit and overall it went well. They are in separate classrooms and both of their teachers got to our home at 11:00 and stayed for 50 minutes.

The home visit also included a parent/teacher conference so while I talked with one teacher, the other one followed my boys upstairs to their playroom and bedroom to play and read to them. Then they switched roles and I met with the other.

My boys were THRILLED to have them in our home. They were so proud to show off their rooms.

Going into it, I had no idea what it was going to be like but now that it is over, I'm glad that their school requires it. Next year it won't be that big of a deal because I'll know what to expect.

I told their teachers I was able to use them as the reason they needed to clean their playroom and wish I could use that all the time. :laughing:

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I am glad it went well. :)

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

How cool that it went well. I can imagine how excited my girls would be to show off their bedroom and playroom to their teachers - your boys must have had so much fun!

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

You know, I actually like the idea. I'm glad you had a good experience!