Flying with Toddlers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsBirch, Jan 12, 2012.

1. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies...it's been a while since I've posted, but I lurk :)

We are heading to Palm Springs next week and I'm wondering if any of you have any tips for the flight. We deliberately chose an airline with tv's to entertain but what about their ears for the takeoff and landing?

Thanks!

2. Feydruss

Feydruss Active Member

Have them suck on something. The descent is usually harder on them than taking off. I have some tips for travelling with twins in my blog, if you want to check it out. Have fun! Palm Springs sounds pretty great right about now. :)

3. Sarah75

Sarah75 Well-Known Member

I just got back from flying to Europe..best piece of advice I could give you....have no expectations ! ;)
    Plenty to suck on during take off and landing, I will say though that some kids like one of mine just has problems with their ears flying and its not fun at all.
    Mine seemed to get the most entertainment out of stickers and the ice that was in our drinks on the aircraft..I kid you not !!

4. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

Thanks!! I'll check out your blog when the kids are napping. We flew last year when they were babies and fed them bottles during takeoff and landing. Just not sure what they should suck on now!!

Palm Springs will be awesome - it snowed during my soccer game last night and all I could think of was laying by a pool in less than a week!

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Bring sippies!