floor puzzles

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Nov 18, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i found a cute gingerbread man floor puzzle.
    any idea if my LOs would like it?

2. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

How many pieces is it? Have they shown any interest in puzzles before?
    Ethan is only a couple of months older than your boys and he loves puzzles. On his own he can manage up to a 12/16 piece, with a little help he can do a 24 piece and with quite a lot of direction a 35 piece. He does them quite a lot though, when he was two he could only do 3-4 piece ones so he's improved quite fast with practice.
    Floor puzzles are nice because the pieces are bigger, and generally sturdier, which makes them easier to put together.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am a firm believer that they are never too young for puzzles, even if they need a bit of help with them in the beginning. As long as it has fairly big pieces (and most floor puzzles do) and you are willing to help them out for the first little bit, they will probably love it.

4. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

My boys have always LOVED puzzles and floor puzzles are a great family activity ! Even at 2yrs old we were doing small wood puzzles and bigger floor puzzles.

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

My two love puzzles too. At that age we started 24 pieces I think. I'm just tired of losing pieces, so floor puzzles are great (they still managed to lose two...).