First year in AG

Discussion in 'General' started by Donita, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

2. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Donita @ Jan 28 2009, 08:57 PM) [snapback]1166821[/snapback]
    This is Daniel's first year in AG and FFA. Tomorrow after school he will be showing his first piggy. The lucky duck will get out of school all day.

Here is a pic of what his pig looks like.

His piggy received first in his division (yay :D ), but didn't make grand champion. He is at the sell today. Most of the time people will "buy" the pig and then not take it. It's just a way for people to donate to the kids so they can purchase more animals and put money away for college. Then they just write the money off on their taxes. So, unless Daniel comes across a jerk who does decide to take it, he should be able to "sell" the pig repeatedly.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Yay! Congrats to Daniel!

4. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

Congratulations Daniel!!! :clapping:

5. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Jeff just called.. Daniel sold his pig for EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

Wow! That's awesome Donita!

7. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Wow! This is just amazing! I wish Bradley had done FFA. So far 2 people have "purchased" Daniel's pig for a total of $1000. He owes his Daddy about $250 for the pig and food, then the rest goes into his savings acct. I'm really going to push for H M and T to do this next year.

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

Wow! I think I need to join FFA! :lol: It sounds like it's a lot of fun and very rewarding for the kids!

9. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

I know! Me too!!! Think they'll take us? :laughing:

10. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

I'm so late, but this is great! I keep trying to get one of my kids to show, but none of them are interested yet. It really is a good way to earn money and good for their work ethic too!

11. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

H M and T will be in high school this fall and are wanting to take an ag class, but it's not inline with their career path and so the high school has all different classes picked out for them. I told them that if they want to take ag, take ag. So we'll see. I will probably have to talk to the counselor for them, depending on how hard the school pushes.

Good luck with getting them to show. Maybe if you start the younger kids out in 4H they'd see that it's fun and continue on?