First worried twins will be tiny...now opposite concern!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by faustjena, Jun 4, 2009.

1. faustjena

faustjena Well-Known Member

Is anyone else in my boat? For so long I worried the babies would be born early and tiny.

Now I'm almost 31 weeks and they have been growing at the rate of singletons which is great...but I feel so "full" of baby and can't imagine them (about 3 lbs each) doubling in size!!

My previous singleton came at 41 weeks (with help from acupuncture) which scares me. Will these guys ever want to come out? I know they need to be bigger, but after 36-37 weeks I want them out!!!!!

My fears have gone from one extreme to the other!

2. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

My first was evicted at 41w2
    My twins finally came out at 38w2d - had preterm labor at 32 weeks, labor at 36 weeks, went to 4 cm and then nothing until 38. If there isn't one thing to worry about there is another! My twins were 5 pounders though so not real big.

Good luck

3. dmildred

dmildred Active Member

QUOTE(faustjena @ Jun 4 2009, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1341244[/snapback]
    Is anyone else in my boat? For so long I worried the babies would be born early and tiny.

Now I'm almost 31 weeks and they have been growing at the rate of singletons which is great...but I feel so "full" of baby and can't imagine them (about 3 lbs each) doubling in size!!

My previous singleton came at 41 weeks (with help from acupuncture) which scares me. Will these guys ever want to come out? I know they need to be bigger, but after 36-37 weeks I want them out!!!!!

My fears have gone from one extreme to the other!

My twins were born on the 15th at my 38 week scheduled c-section. They were 7.5 and 6.11. I was very uncomfortable starting in week 30. The last 8 weeks were miserable, but I got through it. Time keeps moving...though however slowly! Just focus on making it one day at a time, and focus on how big and healthy they will be when they are born. Their health and safety really got me through the, "I WANT TO DIE BECAUSE I'M SO UNCOMFORTABLE." They are so perfect, and it was worth all of the uncomfortableness. GOOD LUCK!!!

4. suddsgirl

suddsgirl Member

I had my 32 week u/s this morning and my girls are big as well. Baby A is estimated at 4.4 pounds, and Baby B is 4.5!!
    I just tell myself that big babies are usually healthy babies and that's what is getting me through the discomfort. GOOD LUCK!

5. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

My ultrasound at 28 weeks estimated their weights at 3 lbs and 2 lbs 14 oz. They were born at 36 weeks weighing 5 lbs 14 oz and 5 lbs 6 oz. I think they slow down as they run out of room later in the pregnancy.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nothing wrong with having big babies that's for sure. :)

7. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

I'm the same way!!! I was a neurotic basket case always worrying that I would have these babies wayyyyy early, and I excitedly counted the weeks until 24 weeks (viability), then 28 weeks...now here I am at 33.5 weeks and I'm worried that they are going to stay in there until 40!!!

8. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

31 weeks is still very early and 3lbs is still very tiny! My girls were born at 28 weeks weighing 2lbs 10oz and 3lbs 1oz, and I have been told by several people that is HUGE for 28 weekers but they were still itty bitty.

Great job for making it to 31 weeks, but hang in there Momma, those babies still need to cook for a while longer! Glad to hear the babies are nice and big and doing well! :good: