First Trimester and still unsure about this!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kellmcguire, Jun 12, 2009.

1. kellmcguire

kellmcguire Well-Known Member

I need to vent. I'm still adjusting to the idea of twins and really worried about it. I think having a DD who will be 7 when these babies arrive makes me a little uneasy -- most of my mommy friends are done with babies and I'm starting to feel really alone, although I did want that second (but whoever thought I'd end up with a "third" too!). Plus, I'm 40, and feeling old! Do I have the energy for this?

I'm worried about my weight, and what it will mean for gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia -- I didn't have either with DD pregnancy, but I'm older and heavier now and it makes me nervous. Heck, everything makes me nervous! I'm a worry wart by nature, and now the twins make me even more worried!

I'm currently 10 weeks. I have to go for my first trimester screening next week, with ultrasound, and I'm scared they are going to tell me my old eggs were bad! Does anyone else feel this way?

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kellie, it is so easy to worry, especailly with a twin pregnancy. :hug: I hope your first trimester screening goes well next week. Try not to worry about it until then, I know it's easier said than done. :hug:

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Kellie, all I can offer are :hug:'s. I'm a worrier as well and I know it isn't fun. :hug: Please try to not think about the negative until it occurs and enjoy your pregnancy. I know I wish I did. :( You definately aren't old and you can do this. :hug: :hug: I think your 7 year old might come in handy when you need a baby held. ;)

4. flygirlcdh

flygirlcdh Well-Known Member

I've had two miscarriages and was sooo worried about something happening and going wrong. But it will go by fast and you will be sitting where a lot of us are now wishing these babies would come out already.

I hope everything goes well next week and try to stay busy to keep your mind off of things that can go wrong. And stay off the internet!!! It will only make things worse. I got a flu shot in my first trimester and was convinced I had killed my babies after reading stuff online.

Good Luck.

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I did IVF to get my girls - transferred 2 embryos and when they told me I was actually pregnant with twins I freaked. for the same reasons as you are unsure of.

I already had 3 boys (all singletons) so I thought my prenancy would be a worry free dream! WRONG!! from the moment I got that BFP the worry set in!!! I just found out that I am pregnant again and I am worried to death!! I think worry is just par for the course! I do think that your 7 yr old will be a great helper. My youngest son was 8 when the twins arrived and we did have some jealousy issues at first but I gave him a few responsibilites with the girls - nothing major just thinks like picking outfits and choosing which girl got which color paci - it made a world of difference. I am 37 now and expecting baby #6 , well I kinda hope 6 and not 6 and 7 - I feel terribly guilty about saying that - I LOVE my twins and if I end up with another set I will be happy - it is just the worry of the 1st trimester I think every pregnant mother worries about something all the time . It is the fear of the unknown. IMO things work themselves out - you will be just fine, your dd will do just fine and it is 110% normal to worry about any and everything.

6. kellmcguire

kellmcguire Well-Known Member

Thank you everybody! I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed lately, so I definitely get these "down" days.

I appreciate all the kind words!

7. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I was a big worrier as well :hug:
    I think what you are going through is normal! I am guessing your 7 year old will be a wonderful big sister & a great help to you :wub:
    Hang in there & good luck at your appointment :hug:

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kellie_M @ Jun 12 2009, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1352228[/snapback]
    I need to vent. I'm still adjusting to the idea of twins and really worried about it. I think having a DD who will be 7 when these babies arrive makes me a little uneasy -- most of my mommy friends are done with babies and I'm starting to feel really alone, although I did want that second (but whoever thought I'd end up with a "third" too!). Plus, I'm 40, and feeling old! Do I have the energy for this?

My son was 8 when my two came along and thank goodness because he was my little helper. If it wasn't for him, I don't know what I would have done when my husband was at work, he helped me so much getting diapers and grabbing things for me when I didn't have hands, and I'm sure your girl will be a big help.

As far as the energy...no you will not have the energy...but it really doesn't matter if you are 40 or 24...you still would have no energy. You will be sleep deprived. I don't say that to discourage you, but to tell you that I really think with twins it's truly just trying to survive for the first few months no matter what age. My husband was just three years shy of 40 and he said it was incredibly tough (we shared the night duties). I had just turned thirty and I can say without a doubt the toughest ever, but we all made it through. I really don't know how, it's a complete fog, but we made it and you will. It seems almost impossible, right now, to see how it will all work, but you will make it. And having your daughter will make it easier for you...maybe not at night unfortunately, but she will be a lifesaver during the day if you let her help you.

9. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: Kellie! I was definitely overwhelmed when I found out I was having twins. I think your feelings are very normal! Hang in there Momma!! :hug: