FIRST growth scan today@30 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by khendrix, Dec 6, 2006.

1. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

I had my FIRST growth scan today. I am 30 weeks 1 day. We got wonderful news.

Baby A (our girl) is 3 lbs. 6 oz. (50%)
    Baby B (our boy) is 3 lbs. 1 oz. (46%)

We got some pretty good pictures, and Baby A has lots of hair already. So cute!

I gained 7 lbs. in the past 3 weeks. That seems like a lot, but I needed to gain some. Now, I have gained 20 lbs. altogether.

The best part of the u/s was that BOTH BABIES WERE HEAD DOWN!!! I am really, really wanting to deliver vaginally, and my doctor won't do it unless both babies are vertex. This was WONDERFUL news for us.

2. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

I had my FIRST growth scan today. I am 30 weeks 1 day. We got wonderful news.

Baby A (our girl) is 3 lbs. 6 oz. (50%)
    Baby B (our boy) is 3 lbs. 1 oz. (46%)

We got some pretty good pictures, and Baby A has lots of hair already. So cute!

I gained 7 lbs. in the past 3 weeks. That seems like a lot, but I needed to gain some. Now, I have gained 20 lbs. altogether.

The best part of the u/s was that BOTH BABIES WERE HEAD DOWN!!! I am really, really wanting to deliver vaginally, and my doctor won't do it unless both babies are vertex. This was WONDERFUL news for us.

3. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

Sounds great, I hope the babies cooperate for you [​IMG]

4. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Fantastic! What great news! I hope they don't change position on you!

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!! I hope that they both stay heads down!!

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They are doing great! Keep up the good work, mom!!

7. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Glad to hear that you appt went well! I hope that your little ones stay vertex for you! I really want a vaginal delivery as well!

8. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!!! I hope they stay head-down for ya! My baby A moved to head down at 28 weeks and has been there ever since ... so hopefully yours will too! Isn't it wierd how some doctors will deliver vaginally if A is headdown and B is smaller than A ... but some will only attempt vaginal if both are head down ... I go to an office with 6 doctors and they each differ on how they would deliver the babies. You'd think it's be an across-the-board type of thing ...

Yay for a great appt!!

9. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

You've got over 6lbs of baby in there! Pretty good for 30 wks!
    I'll send some gravity vibes your way to keep those babies head down:
    )))))head down((((((