First birthday personalized shirts....

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Melissatwins84, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Melissatwins84

Melissatwins84 Well-Known Member

I am starting to plan my babies first birthday. We are going to be doing a princess and prince theme. I need a light blue t-shirt, with a crown on it or something, with his name embroidered, and the same thing for my daughter, but with a pink shirt. Please help! Thanks.

Oh one more thing, does anyone know what I should do for their first birthday cakes, the one that they slam their faces into? I kind of wanted to do a BIG cupcake, but the pan that I saw for that would feed an army... I don't want it THAT big, but I do want it to be a good sized cake so they can get super messy. Or I wouldn't mind doing something along the lines of a castle, but I haven't found a mini cake pan that size either.

Suggestions are more than welcomed. Thanks everyone.

2. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

3. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

4. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

An orginally Dutch company started in the US as well ... www.simplycolors.com.

5. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

CafePress has a lot of cute items and I saw an option for creating your own custom t-shirts (infant sizes can be made in white/pink/blue). Here is the link. You have to upload your own graphic so you can find a picture/graphic of a crown and edit it so that it is personalized, too. The shirts are $8 and with shipping it's around $15 each. HTH!

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

You can order them HERE :).

7. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

Nordicware makes both a large castle plan, and a mini bundt castle pan. http://www.nordicware.com/store/products/d...82-0002B3267AD7

I will say though that we have a large one and even using a high quality baking spray it is pretty card to get the cake out in one piece unless you use a really dense heavy cake.

I also think the biggest fun with a smash cake is for them to get into the icing. When you ice a pattented bundt cake like this when you ice it you loose most of the details of the cake uless you just fill the cavity with frosting or something like that.

8. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

I love some of the shirt ideas sharerc posted for girls. Wish there was more super cute stuff like that for boys!

When I was looking for something for the boys I had a hard time finding a design that I liked (I wanted something with their name on it and something that said they were one, but not a today is my birthday kinda of thing so that they could wear it a few more times), and that wasn't ridiculously expensive ($30+/each). I ended up spending a few minutes and making my own design. I planned to have it printed at cafepress, but I wandered into Target and saw shirts clearanced for $1 earlier this week (they are regularly $3-$4 all over town), so I picked up some iron on transfer paper and made them myself. Super easy, matched my theme pefectly, and cost $8.09 total for both with tax! :) I also still have 9 sheets of transfer paper left over.

9. Melissatwins84

QUOTE(beemer @ Jan 16 2009, 09:55 AM) [snapback]1149706[/snapback]
    I love some of the shirt ideas sharerc posted for girls. Wish there was more super cute stuff like that for boys!

When I was looking for something for the boys I had a hard time finding a design that I liked (I wanted something with their name on it and something that said they were one, but not a today is my birthday kinda of thing so that they could wear it a few more times), and that wasn't ridiculously expensive ($30+/each). I ended up spending a few minutes and making my own design. I planned to have it printed at cafepress, but I wandered into Target and saw shirts clearanced for $1 earlier this week (they are regularly $3-$4 all over town), so I picked up some iron on transfer paper and made them myself. Super easy, matched my theme pefectly, and cost $8.09 total for both with tax! :) I also still have 9 sheets of transfer paper left over.

How did you do that??? :) I am not all that crafty. I try to be, but give up easily.

10. Melissatwins84

Thanks everyone. I think I will just do circle cakes or the BIG cupcakes for their smash cakes. I like the cupcake idea so there is TONS of frosting. Has anyone used that Cupcake cake pan from Wilton??

Thanks for all the links for your own shirts too. I really really really really love them embroirdered little outfits, but they cost a fortune! I wish I was rich sometimes ;). My kids would be the cutest dressers. I really wanted their name embroidered... ahhh, so difficult!

11. marchtwins

marchtwins Well-Known Member

Check etsy.com too for lots of originals!!!

12. Melissatwins84

QUOTE(twinkielove @ Jan 16 2009, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1149952[/snapback]
    Check etsy.com too for lots of originals!!!

I've tried there, they do have some cute shirts, but not in the theme that I want. I really want a prince and princess theme. It's so hard to find boys shirts like that.