Fireworks ... Very random (well sort of!)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AKilburn, Jul 4, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

So typically this time of year we're getting everything together for a big cookout and following it with the local fireworks show. When I met with my doctor last week he told me I wasn't allowed to go see the fireworks b/c the noise/vibrations cause the babies to go crazy, which could cause me to go into labor, and that he was out of town for the 4th through the 8th and I wasn't allowed to go into labor during that time (lol). When I was in L&D with my wasp sting the nurse had asked what our plans were, I told her what my doc said and she laughed said she'd never heard of that before.

So my question is ... has anyone else ever heard of this happening?? I'm not going to tempt it and go to the fireworks, but I'm just curious.

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I have never ever heard of this happening. Plus if you are say half a mile away then you aren't going to have much vibration. Hell in my house the past week we've had vibrations. I wonder what his opinion on earthquakes is?

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

quack, quack. Is it a duck or a doc, lol. The answer to your question is no, I've never heard of that. :)

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Well I will say they get active during thunderstorms, we've had some severe ones lately and I guess the vibrations has affected them b/c I swear during storms they start break dancing, lol.

I don't think he's a quack but I think he just wanted me to be quiet and not go into labor while he was gone, lol.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have never heard of that either. :huh: With my oldest I was almost 6 months pregnant with her July 4th and I went and saw fireworks, that was only a singleton and not twins, but I would think it would be the same.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You did have an exciting week and probably the rest would be good for you. :hug:

Sorry- I was being a little silly earlier but didn't mean any offense. :)

7. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

My due date was 9/21, I had my kids on 9/3, and I went to the fireworks and I was fine. I felt the babies move during the fireworks, but that was it, no contractions or anything. My husband is very excited about fireworks :), our community is giving him $500 each year (plus he buys some also and our friends buy extra also) and he does the fireworks show for our community. He is as close to a pro as he can get without actually being a pro - he built special racks - like the professional ones and he has a lot of safety gadgets. We are bringing the kids tonight also, and I hope they will be fine, they seemed fine yesterday when we did a trial version of fireworks with them. Honestly, I think you will be fine, but it's your call.

Happy 4th of July everyone!