Finger Foods - how BIG is the cube?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christineinhk, Jul 2, 2007.

1. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

I'd love to start finger foods for my girls but I'm so confused at the size. The wholesomebabyfood site just says cut them into dice size that your baby can handle. what size is that? What about choking? Thanks in advance!

2. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

I cut up very small....more like pea size. I even cute the gerber graduates fruit and veggies pieces in half for them just to be on the safe side.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Christine, I would start with pea-size and work your way a little bigger once you think they can handle it.

4. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

I agree - pea size until you know what they can handle.

5. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ Jul 2 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]315317[/snapback]
    Christine, I would start with pea-size and work your way a little bigger once you think they can handle it.

Exactly what I was going to say!

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree, pea size. You want them just big enough that they can easily pick them up but small enough for them to chew with no problem.

7. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I would agree to start with pea size but I did read somewhere that it should be no bigger than the size of a marble and that has generally been what I have gone with. I have never yet had a choking situation (thank God, knock on wood). Just be careful not to confuse choking with gagging. I made that mistake a lot and would get totally freaked out and panicked. When my girls gag, it generally means they don't like what they are eating.

8. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

thanks so much!! Pea sized it is!! :D