FINALLY GETTING CLOSE TO 30 WEEKS!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mommy4my4, Oct 20, 2012.

1. mommy4my4

mommy4my4 Member

Well after many long days of bedrest and too many prayers to count, I am finally looking to my 30 week milestone. I posted here a few weeks ago about my very short cervix. I’m assuming my cervix is still around 5mm; however I discussed with my Dr. that maybe we could pass on checking it last week. He agreed with me when I pleaded that I didn’t think I could handle any more bad news at the moment. He did check to see if I was dilated and he thinks I am somewhere between 1 and 2 cent. I am just so happy to be here at 29/3 and not 27, it’s so scary to just lay here and wait.
    I know so many twins come early, and I feel very confident in my doctors,the hospital, and especially in God’s plan. But it is still so worrisome. At my 27 week fetal u/s they were estimating the babies were 2 lb 2 oz, and 2 lb 5 oz, which would be almost 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know how accurate the ultra sound weight estimates are?

2. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

That is wonderful that you're coning right along! I know bed rest isn't any fun, but it'll be all a distant memory soon and you'll be holding your beautiful little ones!

I dont know what the statistics are on ultrasound weights but they were expecting Jackson to be 6 lbs or just under and Adalynn to be about 5 lbs at 37 weeks and when they were born at 37 weeks Jackson was 5.11 and Adalynn was 4.58, so they were fairly close in the weight.

Keep up the great work! :hug:

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on nearing 30 weeks! That's great.

The further along you are the higher the chance the ultrasound measurements will be off. 3rd trimester weight estimates can be notoriously inaccurate. Sounds like you're doing a great job growing those babes! Hang in there mama. :good:

4. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

Our girls were born at 30 weeks and weighed about 2 1/2 lbs. each. I can't remember if the u/s measurements were off by too much or too little though...I just remember it being close to a lb. off on one of them.

5. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

My OB told me that u/s weights can be about one pound off either way. Don't know how accurate that is though.

6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is very true!

7. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You are doing so great!! :clapping:

(I've also heard the 1lb diff either way on u/s)