Fetal Movement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jrg9171, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jrg9171

jrg9171 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but at what point did everyone start feeling movement? I was told that this happens much sooner with twins than with singletons? I started feeling my son at about 18 weeks and my daughter at 15 weeks. Just curious if that was the norm with twins as well.

2. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

In my case it wasn't sooner. With DS I felt movement around 16 weeks. With the twins I didn't have really solid movements that I were sure were movements until about 19 weeks. It drove me nuts and made me so nervous because I'd heard the same thing about feeling it sooner. :)

Good luck!

3. sghaley

sghaley Well-Known Member

For me, too, I didn't feel any definite movement until about 19 weeks. And then I felt quite a bit!

4. calind115

calind115 Well-Known Member

For me I felt dd at 15 wks and with the twins I started feeling them at 9 1/2 wks.

5. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

With my previous 3 pregnancies, I felt movement around 17 weeks and with the twins I felt them around 15 weeks. Although, I didn't know I was having twins until my 20 week u/s.

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i didn't feel my girls definitively until 21 weeks, although i did have an anterior placenta which cushions a lot of the early movements.

7. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

My singletons I felt them around 15 weeks. The twins I felt at 12 weeks for sure! Now at 22 weeks....they are bouncing off my insides-haha :)

8. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

With my Daughter, I felt her around 16wks for sure, with the twins, I started feeling them for sure about 14wks.

9. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I started feeling mine moving at 13 weeks and a half, and to be honest, it freaked me out :). This is my first pregnancy, and I didn't realize what was going on, and them after I put 2 and 2 together, it felt weird, I kept thinking about the movie "Aliens". I kept imagining 2 little babies the size of hamsters moving their tiny legs and arms in there (I know I have a sick imagination :)). I got more used to it in time, but when they kick me in the stomach out of the blue with no warning sign, I get scared at times, and I scream - very funny for people around me, not so much for me. It happens at times that I only feel the one, or only the other, or at times, both of them are moving in the same time. I feel them more in the morning while laying in bed before I get up, or at night when I am laying in bed, but as time progresses I feel them more often throughout the day also.

10. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

:FIFblush: I felt the twins around 9 weeks, no one believes that it was baby, whatever to them. Its my fourth pregnancy, I think I got it down at this point

11. jrg9171

jrg9171 Well-Known Member

Ok, so that's what I've been wondering. I'm 10w2d now and for the past few days I have been feeling some "fluttering" more towards the left side, which is where one of the babies was located. It's just very, very occasional but thought I must be crazy and that surely it was too early to feel anything yet.

12. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

The first time I felt movement was around 10 weeks. It was just one time though, and a couple of more weeks went by before I felt anything again. I'm now at 20 weeks and only within the last week or so do I feel movement just about every day.