Fetal Movement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jennaenglish, Nov 15, 2009.

1. jennaenglish

jennaenglish Active Member

I was just curious if anyone has a twin that is much more active than the other?

Twin A is head down and lowest and she is pretty much non-stop. She gets hiccups regularly, kicks, squirms, generally makes her presence known regularly.

Twin B has her head about at my rib cage and breech. She does move, but not very often and her movements don't seem as strong. However, she is the larger of the two.

When I had my NST on Tuesday, they couldn't really get Twin B to cooperate. Her heartrate stayed pretty steady at around 145. It would fluctuate occasionally, but not like what they wanted, even after stimulation. Granted, the nurse was operating under the assumption that she was head down, but I don't think that would make that much difference? I think since then I am overly sensitive to her movements (or lack of).

Has anyone else noticed this or experienced a smiliar situation and still had two healthy babies? Should I be worried?

2. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

Last time I went to see my doctor I was convinced one of my babies was moving a lot whereas the other did not do much. However, he told me not to worry as it's difficult to figure out which one is kicking when the babies are so close together. They were (and still are, I think) in the same position as yours, with their arms and legs in the middle of my tummy. I still feel unsure about it, though. Most movements are on the right side and not as much on the left, so I completely understand your concerns and am looking forward to the experiences of the twim moms on this forum too.

3. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

mine was opposite. Baby A didn't move much at all and he was low down and Baby B did flips non stop up to the day he was bornand he was more up in my rib cage to so it was uncomfortable. things haven't changed since they were born. A is still layed back and B still goes goes goes.

4. Zevy

Zevy Active Member

My two are positioned the same way and I feel Baby A much more. It is due just to how they are laying...baby B's position just makes it harder for me to feel her. Just because you don't feel her doesn't mean she isn't moving.

5. Aimless

Aimless Member

I was sure baby B never moved once i hit 36 weeks. turns out he filped from head down to transverse, and i was crediting all movement to baby A. my docs had a hard time getting both heartrates because we thought they were still head down, and they were not.

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

my dd (baby A) I hardly ever felt. When I did feel her move it was more of a slow rolling soft movement.

Ds on the other hand was constant non-stop moving and shaking.

move ahead 4 years.....Their personalities are still the same. dd is a slow moving sweet calm child and ds never stops. He is very energetic and into everything.

7. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

My twin A was squished up against my right side and head down and I felt her almost constantly, my baby B was somewhere up by my ribs and I her movement I didn't feel as much or as hard. My OB told me it was probably due to their positions.

8. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

I'm much earlier than you ladies, but I can TOTALLY feel a difference in the babies. Baby A is much easier to feel than Baby B. I found out it's b/c Baby has the placenta in the back, and B is in the front. It's soooo weird to be able to compare them like this. I'm still in awe of having two babies in here!!

9. jennaenglish

jennaenglish Active Member

Thanks for the replies. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one thinking or experiencing these things. It's so nice to have others with similar situations to bounce these things off of!

I am eager for my next NST on Tuesday to see if Baby B does better. Hopefully now that we know her head is up by my ribs we will get a better result.

And evemomma, I'm with you, it is SO cool to be able to feel the different babies at different times. And how they both already seem to develop their own personalities.

I chalk all this up to baby B taking after Daddy and A after me. I'm pretty high strung, always on the go, and Daddy is SOOOO laid back. It will be interesting to see if their personalities develop accordingly. :) <3

10. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

I'd been wondering about this, too. I'm 22 weeks and I feel much more movement from Twin B than Twin A. I am very curious to see if this trend continues after delivery!

11. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

OMG I could have written your post. Except for the gender of twin A (mine's a boy) I have the exact same issue. Twin A is head down and squirms and kicks all the time. Twin by is head up and I barely feel her move. On ultrasound, she also measures a bit larger and moves a lot. up until now I've passed it off as being too early, but I am almost 29 weeks! It's really starting to stress me out. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it on wed.

12. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

My twin A (boy) is the more relaxed baby. I feel twin B (girl) a lot more and she has always been the more active baby ever since we first saw them moving on the ultrasound at 7 weeks. They are two different people so I think you have to expect a difference in personality and movement.

I've had my moments, too, where I would push at and jiggle my belly to incite more movement just to check, but I'm trying to not stress about it anymore. He'll just be easier to keep track of when they are growing up. It's the girl that will have me running around in circles!

13. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

For me Baby A has always moved WAY less then his brother. At the moment he is transverse, and just happy to sit there or lay there. Twin B is head up sitting on him, and moves NON stop. During my NST's a nurse has to sit beside me to follow him around to get a good tracing or I would be there all day.

14. mommyto3boys

mommyto3boys Well-Known Member

My Baby B always moved much more than Baby A and still does to this day.

15. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

Just thought I would follow-up and say that I saw both babies on ultrasound and baby B is moving just as much as baby A - I just can't feel her as well. She is curled up in a little ball with her legs in the air. No clue why I can't feel her, but it was re-assuring to know that everything is ok.

16. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

It's reassuring to know lots of twin moms to be experience a difference in fetal movement. At this very moment my active baby is having the hiccups and the other one is as quiet as usually. I'm really curious about their characters!