Feeling lightheaded?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kayleesmama, Jan 21, 2007.

1. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

My second question of the day...LOL! So...I've had a dizzy/light headed feeling about once a day for the last 3 or 4 days. Normal or something to worry about? Could it be a bp spike? Mine is usually on the low side. Thanks ladies!

2. kayleesmama

My second question of the day...LOL! So...I've had a dizzy/light headed feeling about once a day for the last 3 or 4 days. Normal or something to worry about? Could it be a bp spike? Mine is usually on the low side. Thanks ladies!

3. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago was having the same kind of feeling - for me it turned out that I was anemic - so now I'm on iron pills -

4. kayleesmama

Thanks for the reply!! My prenatals do have iron in them. My OB said according to my sugar test, I wasn't anemic at all, but that was a few weeks ago. Hmm...I have an OB appt on Wed. I'll mention that to him. Thanks!!

5. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

if your bp has been low it could actually be a drop in bp. often lightheadedness is from low bp i would definately mention it to the dr and get it checked out.

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Have you noticed it happening before/after you eat? My mind went to a potential sugar issue. I would definitely call the doc if it persists but in the mean time try to analyze it a little so you can best answer the docs questions when you call.

7. kayleesmama

Thanks ladies! I actually have had reactive hypoglycemia in my past medical history (not when pg) when I have almost passed out. I never thought about that. I will definitely try to pay attn to when it happens. I haven't paid attn to that yet. Great idea. Thanks!!!

8. crazybabies

crazybabies Well-Known Member

Both pregnancies I had this problem. Mention it to your doc, but mine was usually when getting up from bed or squatting down to pick something up. If I remeember correctly it is a blood pressure thing from the extra blood you are currently carrying.

9. I have had issues with that especially in 2nd trimester. My bp has always been around 100/65 which seems low, but Dr. said is fine with multiples. She suggested it is low blood sugar and especially when they decide to take a lot at one moment, it leaves you deprived. She suggested orange juice, peanut butter, and little snacks every hour...

10. kayleesmama

Thank you everyone!!

11. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I used to get lightheaded after eating a big meal, and trying to do stuff..but that was more around 20 weeks.

About the iron, I know your prenatal has iron, but you might want to start taking an additional iron tablet regardless. I'm not anemic but my OB said to start doing it about this time because of the amount of blood loss you're likely to experience during delivery.

12. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

Good ideas about taking the iron supps - carry twins makes you much more likely to develop anemia at any time during your pregnancy.