feeling hiccups and fetal position

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ourjoy2008, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ourjoy2008

ourjoy2008 Member

As of my last growth scan at 29 weeks, baby A was breech, and I don't have another growth scan until 33 weeks.

I have recently been feeling baby A's hiccups and I feel it way down low in my pelvis, could this mean that she is head down now?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Anything is possible, but I think when a baby has the hiccups, it moves the entire body!

3. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

My last u/s also revealed twin-a being breech and I felt hiccups and other movements up by my right ribs. This last week I've started feeling his hiccups way down low to my left. My fundal height this week has also decreased by 1cm instead of growing by 1cm. My doctor said she's hopeful that both of these signs indicate that twin-a has moved head down again.

So, basically, I think it's possible and so does my doctor, that hiccups down low may indicate a good position of the baby.

We'll confirm my babies' positioning a week from Tuesday.

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

My Baby A (sydney) was head down and I could feel her hiccups every single day & it was pretty evident to me that she was head down :)
    She stayed head down the whole time while B played around in there (she was smaller & had more playing room!)

5. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

My Twin A was head down the whole time. When he moved his head or hiccuped... I felt it in my bottom.. I know thats weird.. But his head (and a hand) was shoved into my pelvis the whole time.

6. ourjoy2008

ourjoy2008 Member

QUOTE(JicJac @ Sep 5 2008, 10:59 AM) [snapback]964888[/snapback]
    Anything is possible, but I think when a baby has the hiccups, it moves the entire body!

I will look forward to what you find out since you'll know before me, I hope that's what it means I want to have a vaginal delivery :D

7. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

My Baby A also stayed head down most of the time and I felt the hiccups way down low. With my singleton, his whole body shook with hiccups so I had no idea where he was but, with the girls, hiccups tended to move their heads more.

8. hansenarmywife

hansenarmywife Active Member

My girl is twin A and I always feel her hiccups in the bottom of my stomach..She has been head down since I was 28 weeks..So it can be an indication!! Good luck!!