feeding- cereal and when to reduce a bottle

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by LB, Apr 12, 2007.

1. LB

LB Well-Known Member

One of my DS's is taking cereal/fruit 2 times a day for the last 3 days....I was just wondering when do I drop a bottle?
    Right now he gets:
    7- bottle
    9 cereal/fruit
    11 bottle
    1-2 cereal/fruit
    3 bottle
    630 -7 bottle then bed

what do you suggest and whe?

TIA!!

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

My babies are still on 4 bottles a day, at 10 months, we were at 5 until 7 months. They get 3 meals, plus snacks here and there also.

3. LB

LB Well-Known Member

where do you fit in the 5th bottle??

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

We were on a 3 hour schedule...

So 7, 10, 1, 4, 7.

5. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

Mine are still getting 4 bottles every 4 hours. They also get breakfast and dinner. I will probably start lunch next week.

6. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

LB and everyone...how much are you currently giving in each bottle? I would love to drop to 4 bottles. Thanks

7. veggiehead

sorry, i have to bump!

8. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

At 5 months we went to a 4 hour schedule were they drank four 6-8 oz bottles. I should have went to a 4 hour schedule (4 bottles sooner) because my boys were just snacking during the 4th month but I did not know wat to do about it!
    At 5 1/2 months we did breakfast and dinner.

At 8 months we introduced lunch

9. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

at 11 months...we drink 4, 7-8ounce bottles and eat 3 solid meals. My boys really like to eat! :blink: I am working on dropping the 10am bottle and was succsesful day before yesterday, but we were out all day and they were distracted. It's hard when we are home all day because they just KNOW they are supposed to have that other bottle. It's a total habit for sure.

10. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

my pedi said that as long as the girls are getting 24 ounces of formula a day, it doesn't matter how many bottles it's in..

11. Gilbert_Mommy

Gilbert_Mommy Well-Known Member

When my babies started eating solids, they were still on a 3-hr schedule with 5 bottles a day (6oz each). Close to 9 months, we swtiched to a 4-hr schedule with 4 bottles a day (6oz each). Then about about 2 weeks ago (near 10 months), I switched them to 3 bottles a day (7 to 8oz each). I try to keep them at about 24oz per day.

12. LB

LB Well-Known Member

last month my guys were down to 4 bottles..one takes 7 oz and the other 8.

13. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We have done four bottles since 4.5 months when they dropped their overnight bottle. We do four bottles 6-7 oz. four times per day. 7, 11, 3:30, 6

14. veggiehead

Thank you!! I am sorry to "steal" this post!? Anyway, that is very helpful. I tried the four bottles today, with two cereal feeds in between and they cried and cried...they are getting over 30 ounces a day. I think they are just used to eating all the time. So, I am going to try again tomorrow with the four bottle schedule.
    Thanks so much for your schedules!!

jen