feeding baby food

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jec34e, Nov 8, 2008.

1. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

We started a few days ago with sweet potatoes, and my DD ate them up. Everything was fine. 3 days later I tried squash, that was tonight. 3 hours after I fed her, my DD is screaming has bad gas etc. What do I do? She's never like this and she seems like she's in pain. Help!!

2. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

She went back to sleep but I think we're in for a long night.

3. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

When I first started feeding the babies solids I always did it mid morning - that way if they had a reaction (gas etc) we wouldn't be interfering with night time sleeping...just a thought.

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Poor thing :hug:
    I agree, maybe earlier in the day for new foods would be best, that way you will know if it upsets their tummy.
    Did you give her some Mylicon?
    Hope she feels better soon!

5. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I've had issues with sweet potatoes, bananas and peaches so far for Abby. Ellie does just fine with everything. I agree with trying new foods in the morning. I usually feed them at dinner time and she'll be up all night in pain and tooting. Now, I know what she can eat. For some reason carrots, applesauce, pears and peas are ok. We haven't tried squash yet. I'll make sure to try it in the morning.

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(isis @ Nov 8 2008, 11:24 PM) [snapback]1062937[/snapback]
    When I first started feeding the babies solids I always did it mid morning - that way if they had a reaction (gas etc) we wouldn't be interfering with night time sleeping...just a thought.

That is a great idea! Maybe the squash just isn't sitting well in her little tummy.

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I hope you got some sleep last night. :hug: