Fall/Winter clothes

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mandyfish3, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

Hi all. I'm looking for some relatively inexpensive fall/winter clothes for the girls.
    Where do you all buy online??

also, does anyone know where I can get cute one-piece romper like outfits, but with long sleeves/pants? These are SO much easier in the morning when we are getting ready to go to the sitter. Summer has been so easy with clothes, now I dread the socks, shirts, pants, etc!

2. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mandyfish3 @ Sep 11 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]402806[/snapback]
    Hi all. I'm looking for some relatively inexpensive fall/winter clothes for the girls.

also, does anyone know where I can get cute one-piece romper like outfits, but with long sleeves/pants? These are SO much easier in the morning when we are getting ready to go to the sitter. Summer has been so easy with clothes, now I dread the socks, shirts, pants, etc!

I just bought each of my babies a couple long sleeve and long pant rompers at Costco for less than $7. They are Carters and very cute! We also got them each a couple at JCPenny for about the same price. They were Okie Dokie Brand.

I love one piece outfits!

3. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mandyfish3 @ Sep 11 2007, 05:28 PM) [snapback]402806[/snapback]

I am proud you asked this because these are the same kind of outfits I am going to look for tonight. If you find some good bargains let me know.
    Missy

4. Mommydee

Mommydee Well-Known Member

i like to go to resale shops and PTA/twin group sales that occur usually in the spring and fall. you can find GREAT deals- little outfits for $1-3. esp. the twin ones, because you can get matching ones if you want.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I was *just* about to post something like this!!! Maybe its because the forcast is supposed to be cooler for the next couple of days and I only have a few long sleeve/long pant rompers (carters). Actually in my ticker pix, Ana (on the bottom) is wearing one of the four outfits I have for them. All summer they've worn those cute onesies that look like dresses from the front or short sleeve/short pant all-in-one rompers. So easy!

I was actually going to ask what you dressed your kids in for the fall/winter because while their overalls and pants are cute, they don't looks as comfy to roll around on the floor in them. But I feel like footy sleepers are too babyish now (if that makes any sense since they are *only* 6 months old!). They sleep in those so they should 'get dressed' and wear something different during the day. I don't mean to hijack your post! Sorry!!!

Oh, and for cheap places, my mom and sister went to a carters outlet store and got great deals! I also went to macys when they were having a sale and paid comparable prices (like $6 per outfit). You could also look at craigslist or your local motc if you don't mind slightly (and probably barely!) used clothes. GL! -Leighann

6. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

I just ordered a ton of cute long sleeve/long pant one-pc outfits from Old Navy. Some are even on sale right now.

7. aandax246

aandax246 Well-Known Member

As a doting grandma, I love to shop for the boys so my daughter has few worries about purchasing clothes. While I love to shop for them, I do keep an eye to the bargain. We have several outlet centers near our home as well as a BRU. I signed up for the coupons and use them on the Koala Kid brands at BRU and get a lot of bang for the buck. We also have a Gymboree, Children's Place, Carter Outlet, Baby Gap, Osh Gosh, and Baby Old Navy within a 45 minute drive from our home. I shop the outlets and get a tremendous value. For instance this weekend I shopped Osh Gosh and they had their winter/fall apparrel at 75% off and they give a 25% twin discount. They will accept returns with no deadline, i.e. the clerk told me if the boys had a growth spurt or didn't grow into the clothes this season I could return them next year or even the next so long as I had the receipts and the tags were still attached. I got $397.00 worth of Osh Gosh and paid $80.00 tax and all. This included two - two piece mix and match sweats with hoods, 2 long navy overalls with matching shirts, two camo overalls, 4 flannel plaid shirts and 8 pullovers that had the double sleeves. This was 22 pieces of quality clothing that averaged out to less than $4.00 per piece. I got some cute cordorouys at Baby Gap that were $15.00 paid reduced to 9.00 and then they had a 40 percent off sale. I bought long sleeve printed tees and two sweatsuits - 60 Percent off - if there is an outlet mall within a couple hours drive - I recomend it over the on-line shopping. I loaded the boys up on fall/winter clothes this weekend. I even got the big boys socks from Children's Place for 49 cents per pair. I got baby sketcher shoes and baby high tops and little bucks. I paid $3.00 for the high tops and $4.00 for the bucks. The sketchers were reduced already and the light up kind got them for $24.00 pair and second pair half off. I recommend outlet shopping.

8. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Sep 11 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]402966[/snapback]
    I just ordered a ton of cute long sleeve/long pant one-pc outfits from Old Navy. Some are even on sale right now.

They are having a 25% off sale for all baby clothes! Their shipping is only $5!

9. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Do you belong to a Costco or other warehouse club? They always have those one-piece romper outfits really cheap. Also outlet stores, Old Navy, and Children's Place. Walmart has cute, cheap clothes as well.

10. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Carter's!!! My girls lived in Carter's last fall/winter. Their clothes are so soft and roomy enough in the arms and legs. I would find them at the Carter's store, Babies R Us, Kohl's, Macy's...just to name a few. And it seemed like they were always on sale.

11. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

I ordered a few from Old Navy and found 4 one-piece Carter's at JCPenney.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

12. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

Kohls, Target and Old Navy are the best for cute and inexpensive baby clothes!