Failed One Hour Glucose Test

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by egoury, Mar 13, 2008.

1. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

So, the nurse called me this mornng and told me that I failed the one hour test and my levels were almost high enough to just determine I have GD. But, I have to go take the three hour test tomorrow. She felt so bad for me (since she knows I can't stand blood work) that she is letting me take it at the office versus go to a lab. With the twins I failed the one hour test by a small amount and passed the three hour one with no problems. This time, I'm worried since I failed so badly. I know I have been eating quite a bit of sugar lately, but still...I've only gained 15 pounds so far which I thought would help me. Does anyone have any encouraging stories about people who failed badly but passed the three hour test? I need some hope that I won't have GD...

2. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I don't have anything encouraging to say but I wanted to give you :hug99: s.

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They never gave me my numbers, but I failed the 1 hour with the twins and went on to pass the 3 hour. I hope all goes well tomorrow :love0028: .

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I hope it goes well tomorrow. :hug99: I was worried but I passed mine no problems.

5. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I failed both tests when I was pregnant with my twins. I was having so many other issues and my girl where measuring small, we just kept an eye on it and that was it. I have mine next week and I am worried I will fail again. Like you I have been eating alot of sugar lately. I am trying desperatly to stop but I am not doing so well. I hope you pass tomorrow! Wishing you lots of luck!!

6. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I failed my 1 hour with Peyton, but passed my 3 hour. Best of luck!!

7. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I made it through the test, now just have to wait to get the results until next week (when I'll be on vacation). So, hopefully it won't depress me too much on my vacation.

8. Julia Hulsey

Julia Hulsey Well-Known Member

I failed both the test with my girls. Make sure not to eat to many carbs tonight. Keep it light. No milk shake, cake, candy...
    Good Luck!
    Julia

9. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say good luck!

10. momotwinsmom

Ellen, how did you make out?

11. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Awe, I'm sorry to hear that news. I hope the 3 hour goes well and you don't end up with GD

12. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I did manage to pass the 3 hour test thankfully. I was so worried about that. Now, if I can just beat this darn cold...

13. momotwinsmom

That's great! At least with your cold you will start feeling better soon!!