failed my 1 hour test

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by snoopytwins, Sep 5, 2008.

1. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I'm totally bummed that I failed the one hour glucose test and have to go back next week for the 3 hour test. I passed with the boys so I didn't expect this to happen this time around.

Oh well...just whining!

How many of y'all failed the one hour but passed the 3 hour?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. I passed both my 1 hours.

3. jamey2193

jamey2193 Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn't pass it, but good luck on your 3hr test.

4. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I failed the 1 hour but refused the 3 hour and just went straight to the diet and monitoring my blood sugar. It wasn't a big deal. I have heard of many ladies here failing the 1 hour and passing the 3 hour with flying colors! Good luck to you.

:)

5. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I failed the one hour with my second dd, but passed the 3 hour. I failed the one hour with the twins, but I delivered them that afternoon so I never got around to taking the 3 hour. This time, I had a one hour Early Glucose, another 1 hour in the second trimester, and another 1 hour in the third trimester. I passed them all thankfully. Good luck, Im sure you will do fine. Oh btw, when I failed my first one, I went to a diabetic dietician, and she evaluated everything I ate, turns out I was drinking too much orange juice, something that simple through the whole thing off. write down what your eating and see if anything triggers.

good luck

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Sorry you failed the first test. :hug: Good luck with the 3 hour!

7. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

Based on my experience with the 3 hour tests. I would take a bottle of juice with you so that you will have it available immediately after the last blood draw. My #'s would drop to dangerous/near dangerous levels so I would drink the juice right after, sit in the car for a few minutes (10-15) to make sure that I was ok before driving, then I would drive over to Wendy's for lunch. This way I got a dose of carbs/sugars to bring my level back up and then the proteins a few minutes afterwards from the burger. (Which sounds really, really good right now.)

8. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Sorry you failed it, crossing my fingers that you pass the 3hr

9. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies...I'll keep y'all posted after my test Thursday!

QUOTE(denali_ice @ Sep 5 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]965474[/snapback]
    Based on my experience with the 3 hour tests. I would take a bottle of juice with you so that you will have it available immediately after the last blood draw. My #'s would drop to dangerous/near dangerous levels so I would drink the juice right after, sit in the car for a few minutes (10-15) to make sure that I was ok before driving, then I would drive over to Wendy's for lunch. This way I got a dose of carbs/sugars to bring my level back up and then the proteins a few minutes afterwards from the burger. (Which sounds really, really good right now.)

Good advice...I'll do this. I know I'll probably feel yucky and be starving after the test!