Failed my 1 hour glucose test

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by browneyedgirl, Apr 16, 2010.

1. browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl Well-Known Member

:( I'm not looking forawrd to the 3hr, but I've heard it's not too bad. Has anyone failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour? My level was 159.

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I failed the 1 hour and passed my 3 hour test. :good: I hope the same is true for you! Good Luck!

3. browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl Well-Known Member

Thank you!

4. twinletmommy

twinletmommy Well-Known Member

Best of luck hon! I had failed both but knew LOTS of moms who passed the second!

5. watchinwaves

watchinwaves New Member

I wish I could say I passed the 3 hour but no I failed big time! Hopefully you will pass!

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep! I failed my one hour by 7 points. My ob thought for sure I would fail the 3 hour(pcos). She was quite shocked I passed! I also limited my sugar intake before hand as well. Whether that made a difference, I'll never know. Oh-and I had a spoonful of peanut butter. Not sure where I heard that one from... That might have been for the one hour. I can't remember now! Good luck!

7. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

i bombed both of them! but i'm overweight to start with, and twins puts you at higher risk. the 3 hr was in fact miserable. i downloaded a movie on my iphone to watch in the waiting room between blood draws. it sucks because by the time it's over, you feel like passing out and i barely made it to a restaurant. all i can say is enjoy your last meals in case you fail the 3hr. plus, one major thing, being GDM is not nearly as bad as i thought it would be. i controlled mine with diet very easily, and it helped me to only gain 6 lbs for my whole twin pregnancy! good luck and make sure you bring something to do!

8. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

I failed both as well. I really hope you pass it. I would bring some crackers or something with you in your purse to eat AFTER the test. I was so green from not eating and having all that sugar course through my body that by the time I got home I was sick, sick, sick.

Good luck!

9. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Me too! Actually, this is one of the reasons I left my OB practice. The 1 hr test is totally unreliable. I put the 3 hour test off, since I wasn't really worried, and was working full time and wanted to schedule the test around work. My OB flipped out, told me I was risking fetal death (not supported by research) and that I had a 0% chance of passing the 3 hour test.

Well, I sure did pass the 3 hour, comfortably. I drank a lot of water before and during the test, and walked a lot between blood draws. Don't know if that helped.

Eating carefully and not overdoing sweets is good for all of us. But the fact that my OBs were so freaky about the OGTT clued me in that they were used to bullying their patients and were not evidence based. No professional should mention fetal death to an expectant mom unless there is a very good reason. How hard is that to understand?

Hope you've got good care no matter how the 3 hour test goes. Good luck!