Failed GTT

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by aquickworld, Nov 23, 2010.

1. aquickworld

aquickworld Well-Known Member

So I failed the 1 hr GTT and have to do the 3hr one. Is it common to fail the 1hr and them pass the 3hr? I am trying not to stress about this. :gah:

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes! I did, and the 3 hr was just fine (except really boring, I was really hungry and a little crabby! :lol: ) The nurse in my drs' office said that people flunk the intial screenings all the time.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Happens all the time. That's why there is a secondary 3 hour test. Good luck!

4. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I have heard of several doing that. Hope you do too. Good luck.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I failed the 1 hr and had to do the 3hr. I passed the 3 hr one.

6. dreamer185

dreamer185 Active Member

I also failed the 1 hr and passed the 3 hr. They didn't act like it was uncommon. Don't stress!

7. aquickworld

aquickworld Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I am praying I pass this 3 hr because I don't what they would do about it diet wise. I don't eat many sugar things and am having a hard enough time gaining back all the weight I lost in the beginning from being so sick. Maybe they would send me to a nutrionist. I'll let everyone know what happens!

8. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I had GD with my first son. I was sent to a nutritionist. If you do fail it, they would most likely send you to one so that they can go over a diet with you.

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My BFF's doc wouldn't do a 1 hour test b/c he felt they were really inaccurate. So she had to do a 3 hour.

10. Adding 2 more!

Adding 2 more! Well-Known Member

I failed the one hour, but passed the three hour with my daughter...not far enough along with the twins yet...
    I was shaky after the three hour...and it is boring! Take some thing to read or listen to and take something full of protein to eat after you do the last blood draw...