Facebook Announcement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by FirstTimeMomma, Dec 29, 2010.

1. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

My bday is in about a week, which will be my 11th week, and I plan to make a bday/facebook announcement. Any creative ideas? I was thinking, “Today we are celebrating my bday, then come July we will be celebrating Anthony’s (hubby) and our two newest family members”Not sure if I totally like this so I need some more ideas lol

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am not very creative but I will say I like your idea!!

3. jlefief

jlefief Member

Cute idea. But a lot of facebook readers...myself included...will scan over a status that is that long. They might miss your whole point! Keep it short and sweet and maybe put TWINS in all caps. That is what I did and a TON of people caught it and responded.

4. lizzbeech

lizzbeech Guest

I agree -- I'd go with something like maybe "Guess what I got for my bd? TWINS!!! Then you could post... due in XXXX"

2 people like this.
  5. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

I like the birthday present one, we posted a pic of our u/s and just simply put a caption of " introducing baby A and baby B" before I had the caption on it I had a comment! So I think pics do get noticed over a long comment where it could get missed! Have fun though!! Everyone will see it no matter what you do! And congrats!

2 people like this.
  6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

You could say that this is the last birthday you & anthony will be having alone. Next year you'll have two guests.

7. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was gonna say using it as a bday present idea:) something along the lines of "Guess what I got for my bday!?! TWINS!!!!!"

Have fun...I thought telling family and friends that we were pregnant was one of the best parts of being pregnant:)

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

You could just change your FB profile picture and see how long it takes people to notice....like the corny Got Twins? picture, and then maybe something like "Wow, we're still in shock!"

9. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Like PP, we just did the ultrasound and WOW did it garner a reaction! I didn't even post a caption, at all. The first person who put two and two together (rather quickly) led to the next, to the next, and it snowballed. I think the volume of responses began getting people's attention more than the picture!

10. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

I updated my profile picture (a side view) with the caption: Twenty fingers, twenty toes, TWINS TWINS TWINS, now everybody knows.

It was a huge hit!

Brings back memories - so exciting!!

11. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

Hmm..You have a point with the long post. So far I like,"Guess what I got for my bday!?! TWINS!!!!!" I want to make sure "bday" is included since I plan on announcing it ON my bday.

12. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm excited for you! I'm sort of jealous, too... ;) The announcement is one of my absolute favorite memories. Let us know what sort of crazy reactions you get!

My favorite reaction was from a girlfriend who was pregnant with twins at the time who just responded, "I KNEW those were twin boobs!" ;)

13. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

you mean responses like my brother should name them Deneice and Denephew? One ofmy favorite facebook comments when we told the sexes the other day! Lol!!

14. beckstar

beckstar Active Member

i posted a picture of our ultrasound in an album titled 'and then we found out there were two and we all said holy crap!' then in my status, i linked to it and said...'ok facebook, consider yourself officially updated'...

haha, but then these are our 4th and 5th babies...and 3rd and 4th w/in 4 years so i think people are getting tired of us having babies...:)