Evenflo Triumph LX or Titan Car Seat Users?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by HT, Nov 28, 2007.

1. HT

HT Well-Known Member

Anyone have the Evenflo Triumph LX car seat? I bought two this week for the twins. However, they told me today at BabiesRUs that they don't believe both seats will fit next to each other in the back seat of our Tahoe. They said we would probably have to put older DD's smaller car seat in the middle and one of the twins' on each side. It probably won't be a big deal except the twins will be rear facing and I think it would be really hard to buckle of older DD in the middle. They also showed me how to adjust the straps again. My question is isn't it really hard to push down on both of the side knobs when the seat is rear facing? Plus isn't it a pain having to readjust the height of the straps every time you put them in? The more I think about it, this car seat is going to be a pain even though I love the padding. Now I think the Titans are probably better suited for us. Anyone have those?

2. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

We have 2 Triumphs. They are wide. DH has a Toyota Sequoia and they don't fit in the 2nd row side-by-side without blocking the third seat in that bench. This means when we put our 2 big girls in the back row, we have to leave the seat in front of them titled forward.
    So basically they fit in the 2nd row but overspill onto the third seat so we can't push it forward and let kids in and out, we have to leave it forward but it stays wedged like that.

In my van, I put them S-B-S and it works fine but I have an aisle and no seat in the third spot on the edge to clear the door for my big kids so that works well.

I don't have to readjust straps every time, only when they wear a thicker coat, like you have to do in any seat. I will say it took some practice to get used to those straps but we have it down.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

We had Evenflo Triumphs in my car until Elizabeth was born. They were really wide. No one could sit in the middle. Now we have 3 seats in the back of my car and we are using the Sunshine Kids Radian 65 carseats. They are really skinny and can easily fit 3 across in most midsize cars. HTH :)

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We have the Evenflo Advance and love them. We have ours in a minivan, but we also own a Tahoe. I am not sure you will get three carseats across in the back row. It might be very tight.

But with the Evenflo you do not need to push down on both sides of the knobs to adjust the straps. One side works both so that makes it much easier. And I dont have to adjust the height everytime, it just stays put.

HTH!!

5. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

We have the Evenflow Triumph and the fit side by side in our Santa Fe. They will let you try it before you buy it at babies r us!

6. megginmj

megginmj Well-Known Member

We have Triumphs, and as everyone else has said they're very wide. With our old Graco Snugrides I could fit in the middle of the backseat between the 2 seats, but now not even a small child could fit into the space between them! Our boys are still rear-facing, and though it is difficult to get to the adjusting knobs when they're jammed into the back of the seat, you get used to it.